Chapter Twenty Five - Eternity

Rose's POV

Marius left my sight in a hurry. I could practically feel a breeze brush past my face as he used his vampire speed to flee the mansion. It was no just me by myself on the second floor in the room full of his paintings.

I was so flustered. In the last few moments we were talking --- he was acting very strange. And the way he fled so fast --- it was almost as if he was running from something --- or someone. It seemed like no matter how much I tried, I couldn't convince him to tell me what was going on.

But one thing was for sure, whatever it was --- it's gotten Marius scared. And Marius isn't scared of anything. Or at least he doesn't show it. But this time --- this time it was different. You could clearly see the distress in his eyes.

Something was up --- something big. I wanted so badly to figure it out. But I couldn't. Should I tell Lestat? Maybe he would know. But then again --- if he found out that Marius had come to see me --- it would not end very well.

I guess there was no other option but to wait until Marius came to see me again. I hope he does. It would be nice if he could shed some light on the situation. I knew that it would be hard though. I mean he can't throw a ball like this every time.

Plus the only reason I was alone this time was because Lestat had to prepare some things for my surprise. So honestly I didn't know how Marius was going to be able to talk to me alone again. It was going to be nearly impossible.

And I'm sure Marius knew that. He knew how protective Lestat was around me. I was his, and he wanted to make sure everyone knew that. I'm pretty sure that was one of the reasons he was trying to keep Louis at bay.

He knew that it was bad enough if he got caught trying to see me. But if Louis got caught, it would be much worse. I hope this feud ends soon. It would be nice to have them all in the same room --- without ripping each other to pieces.

God --- I really should get back. Before Lestat starts looking for me. So without any more hesitation, I left the ball and made my way back to Lestat's mansion. The streets were pretty empty on the way. It was quiet, and dark.

I didn't like the feeling it was giving me. So I walked as quickly as possible and didn't look back until I was safely inside. I was half expecting Lestat to be there with open arms. But to my surprise, the place was still empty.

That's strange, he's not back yet. He must be still out running errands. I guess I'll just wait for him. But first --- I would like to get out of this dress. So I quickly shut the door behind me and made my way upstairs.

I got some of my clothes from the dresser in the main bedroom where we sleep and then went into the guest bedroom to relax. That way when Lestat comes back he can get his surprise ready and come find me when he's done. I wouldn't want to run into him while he's preparing it. Or it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

I originally was just going to change into my pajamas and take a nap. But then I decided that I really wanted a shower. I figured it would help relax me and take my brain off of what Marius failed to tell me.

So I took my clothes into the bathroom and set them on the counter next to the sink. I then carefully took my dress off and folded it up nicely before carrying it back into the bedroom and setting it on the bed.

Then when I made my way back into the bathroom, I let my hair down before slowly stepping into the shower. The warm water felt soothing against my skin. I made sure to use my strawberry scented shampoo. It's my favorite.

I was in there for about an hour before I finally decided to get out. After I turned the water off I put on my nightgown and started to brush my hair. I then put it into a braid like always so it was away from my face.