Chapter Twenty Six - Answers

Rose's POV

I woke up to the sound of someone whispering my name in my ear. The voice sent chills down my spine and goosebumps began to appear on my skin. As my eyes began to flutter open, the voice whispered my name again.

I turned my head over half expecting to see Lestat laying down next to me with his eyes wide open. I knew how much he liked to watch me sleep. But to my surprise he was still asleep with one arm wrapped around my waist tightly.

That's odd. If he was still asleep, then the voice I heard was coming from someone else. But then again --- maybe this was all just in my head. There's no way someone was in this house. I was about to drift back to sleep when I heard the voice again.

"Rose."

The voice was a soft whisper, barely audible to mortal ears. But for vampires with enhanced hearing, it was easily heard. Okay --- so I wasn't hearing things. Someone was here, in this house.

The voice sounded familiar, but I was so out of it that I couldn't quite put my finger on it

The voice sounded familiar, but I was so out of it that I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I began to feel worried. What if it was what Marius was worried about? What if this big thing that was coming was a person from Lestat's past?

"Great, now I'm being paranoid. It's probably nothing." I said to myself, trying to calm my nerves.

But as much as I tried to avoid it, it was obvious that I had to find out who the voice belonged to. If I didn't find out who was in this house soon, Lestat would most likely wake up and do the job for me. And I doubt that he would be as friendly as I am.

So without wasting another minute, I started to pull the covers off me and attempted to remove Lestat's arm from my waist so I could get up. But unfortunately as soon as I did, Lestat gripped onto my waist once again pulling me close to his chest.

This time he had an even tighter grip on me. This was going to be more complicated than I thought. I knew that if this was going to work that I had to be more careful. I had forgotten that it was a reflex of Lestat's to pull me closer to him and protect what's his.

So after I took a deep breath, I slowly began to remove his hand from my waist again and make my way out of the bed. Success. This time he didn't flinch and try to pull me close again. After I managed to get out, I heard the voice once more.

 After I managed to get out, I heard the voice once more