Chapter Twenty Four - The Return Of Marius

Rose's POV

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. How was Marius here right now. Was I seeing things? There's no way this was happening. It couldn't be. But no matter how much I tried to convince myself otherwise, deep down I knew this was real.

I was speechless as Marius began to step closer to me. I will admit I was relieved to see his face again, but I was also very nervous. He shouldn't be here. What if Lestat shows up again? He would be in so much trouble.

I managed to smile slightly at him as he took my hand and brought it to his lips, planting a soft kiss on it. I can see he hasn't lost his charm. Or his sense of style. Considering he was still wearing his signature color of red velvet. 

"Hello Rose." He said to me with grin on his face.

"Marius." I responded with a shocked expression on my face.

"May I have this dance?" He asked sweetly, holding his hand out to me. 

After I took it he led me out onto the middle of the dance floor where everyone could see us. He then pulled me close to him and wrapped an arm around my waist. I then felt him take my hand in his and before I knew it we were gliding along the dance floor. 

I let him dance with me for several songs. I was silent the whole time because I was still trying to find the courage to speak to him. I still couldn't figure out what he was doing here either. If I expected anyone to randomly show up it would've been Louis.

When the song finished I finally found the courage to speak up. 

"What are you doing here Marius?" I finally asked nervously, casually looking around the room to make sure Lestat hadn't returned.

"Maybe I'm just here to check up on you." He responded with a charming expression on his face.

"If Lestat sees you here he won't be pleased." I warned him. 

I knew Marius was more than capable of taking care of himself. He was older after all. But still --- Lestat's anger isn't something to be toyed with. He can get much stronger when he gets enraged. I cared about Marius, and I didn't want to see him get hurt. Or Louis for that matter.

"That's why I didn't speak to you until after he left. I know how Lestat can get when he feels threatened." He said.

"Threatened? Why would he feel threatened?" I asked curiously. I mean I knew Lestat would be angry if he saw Marius here. But I never thought The Brat Prince could ever feel threatened. It wasn't like him.

"Isn't it obvious?" Marius responded.

"No. It's not like Lestat to feel threatened. It just isn't in his personality." I said to him with a confused look on my face.