eighteen

-

Holly

-

I'm still confused at what Dakota is even doing, but as she holds the knife up above her chest, the sudden realisation hits me as I witness what she's about to do.

"Dakota!" I yell, stopping Dakota from her suicide attempt at the last second.

"H-Holly?"

"You were going to-"

"Holly..."

"You-" I can't even finish my own sentence, I'm too taken aback, and the tears that rapidly fall from my electric blue eyes that stain my cheeks and blur my vision make the way my depressed words come out even worse.

"Holly, I- Just let's go to sleep"

"No! If I go to sleep you'll try and kill yourself again!"

Dakota shushes me, "Hol-"

I cut Dakota off, "No! You have no reason to even ki-"

"Shut the fuck up. You know absolutely nothing!"

"Dakota, why?" I say, looking down and letting my teardrops drip onto the cold tiles.

"Were not even sisters anymore..." Dakota says, turning around, not wanting to look at my shocked and saddened expression.

"Yes, we a-"

"No, Holly, were not, this dollhouse shit has changed us"

"You're still my sister, Dakota"

"No, you keep distance from me, we haven't talked in ages" Dakota says.

"I want do die, I want to go, Holly, don't stop me" The words that escape Dakota's mouth instantly makes my heart sink. She wants to die. But I know, as her sister, I can't let her do that.

"I don't want you to leave, Dakota"

"But I want to, Holly, I never wanted this life"

"But Dak-"

Dakota cuts me off once again, "Holly, I want to leave this world, don't you see?" Dakota says, her back still turned away from me.

"But you're my sister, Dakota"

"And?"

"And I love you" I cry, walking up to Dakota and give her a warm hug, the first one we've shared in probably a few years.

After a while, Dakota pulls out of the tight embrace, and I see her tear stained face glowing with depression.

"Let's go to bed, Holly"

| The Next Day |

"Holly, wanna go to Scarlett with me today?" Harry asks me, well, demands, really, since I can't say no.

"Um, okay?"

"Get dressed, meet me down here in twenty minutes"

"Isn't that a bit rushed, I was clean-"

"Holly, just get dressed" Harry then leaves. Okay then?

I walk into the girls and I's bedroom to change into normal clothes. And by normal clothes, I mean clothes that wouldn't be worn by 1950's porcelain dolls. Whenever the girls and I go out with Harry, or for an event, we have to get dressed in clothes from our shared walk in wardrobe filled with the latest fashions clothes, shoes, accessories. Since all us girls are roughly the same size, we wear whatever we want when we get to choose. This time, I decide to wear high-waisted denim shorts that have studded pockets, and a plain baby pink, long sleeved button up shirt. I leave my makeup as it is, I've already got it caked on as all the girls do in The Dollhouse.