37

Harry's Point of View

<>

"Prince, you need to come out! King Desmond is going to get upset!"

I locked myself in my room.

"Why would you want to be late to your own engagement?" The woman asks me behind the closed door.

"Because I don't like the damned girl!" I yell as I sit on my bed, staring at the sun slowly setting. They don't understand. "I don't want to be engaged to her!"

I hear the faint sound of my father's voice. "Is Harry locked in there?" He asks the maid outside my room door.

"He won't come out," she sighs loudly, responding to him.

Harsh knocks bang against my door, "Harry, you better be changing in there!" My father says.

I sigh, "I'm not going to change! I'm not going to the damn engagement, I'm not doing any of this!" I scream. My fingers start to shake as I use my hands for emphasis.

"Harry..." my dad whispers now. "Covetous has called and wants to see you in a few. He's on his way. Says he's got some inspirational words for you... You'll need to come out soon." My dad says then leaves, giving up.

I get off my bed, pacing back and forth. I can't stand that man's face: Covetous. He's ruined everything. He's ruined it all. What's he to do now? He's arranged for Tama and I to get married, when in fact this engagement party tonight should be thrown for Gisele and I.

I go to my bathroom and I clean my face with a damp towel. My forehead was sweating earlier and now my hands feel clammy.

I don't know what to do.

I close the light to the bathroom and before I could walk to my bed, harsh knocks hit against my door. Too fed up, I decide to open the door. "The hell do you want?" I yell, opening the door wide.

"Harry," Covetous smiles.

"Christ," I sigh, turning around and covering my face. Walking over to a sofa to sit.

"What is it?" I spit. "What more do you want?" I yell at him.

"Just wanted to stop by, help you get rid of your nerves. You know, I've thrown you this engagement."

I glare at him. "An unwanted engagement. I won't be attending. So-"

"Oh, you'll be attending alright." Covetous snaps. "You'll be attending and you'll be attending with Tama... hand in hand. Now, explain to me why I had to find that girl screaming at the top of her lungs from a dungeon?"

Shit. He actually found her? "I have no clue as to what you're talking about." I shake my head.

"She told me that you and some little girl by the name of Cindy, came up with a plan to lock her away."

Tama couldn't even remember Cynthia's name... pathetic. "Again, I don't know what you're saying. But what I do know is I will not be engaged to Tama. I won't marry the girl, ever."

"Oh Harry," Covetous smiles. "Don't you think for a second that I came here for no reason. You're going to that engagement and you're going with Tama. I've come to make sure of that! You'll even be surprised to see that I've been kind enough to invite your former wife and-"

I stand to my feet as soon as he speaks over. Pointing my finger at him, I yell. "Gisele better not be there. You fucking old-"

"Harold!" Covetous yells loudly; drops of his spit hit the floors of my bedroom and one lands on my cheek.