49

Gisele's Point of View

<>

Once we enter the car, I hesitantly look over to Harry. He had only opened the car door for me and still hasn't said a word.

"Harry-"

He put his hand up quickly, instantly silencing me.

He keeps his focus on the road. I don't bother to call his name again, knowing that he is extremely mad at me.

I start to hiccup, my nerves getting to the best of me. Afraid, of what Harry will do or say.

My nephew took advantage of me and now my soon to be fiancée is ignoring me. A silent tear leaks from my eye and I quickly wipe it, not wanting Harry to know how sad I am.

I turn my body to face the window, making sure that I hold back every wince and sniffle, not allowing Harry to even guess that I am crying beside him.

At the red light, I feel Harry's finger wipe a tear from the corner of my eye. Informing me that he knows of my mute episode. He doesn't say anything nor do I.

Without looking at him, I grab his hand, holding it to my cheek while I cup it, leaning onto it like it was a pillow, the most comfortable pillow in the world. My cries start to come to a halt as I realize that this is the most Harry is going to care for me, under the circumstances we're in tonight.

"Don't cry," he says.

I nod, "but it's hard not too... Are you mad at me?"

He removes his hand from my cheek and turns to look back at the road. We don't speak to each other during the remainder of the car ride, after that. My mind clogging with thoughts of how much hatred he must have for me.

When we reach the house and enter the garage, I immediately open my car door and speed to the door leading inside, trying to avoid Harry at all costs. Once I reach the door that is connected from the garage to the house, our only way in, I notice that the knob is locked.

I turn around and cross my arms, looking at my heels and the large slash in my dress, waiting for Harry to unlock and open the door.

He looks at me before grabbing the key and unlocking the lock.

"Gisele," He says quietly, reaching for my hand. I walk ahead of him, ignoring his touch.

"I said your name, Gisele." He says more sternly and walking fast to catch up to me.

I turn around abruptly, almost hitting his chest. "What?"

He places his hand on my neck, his thumb lightly brushing the skin under my chin, leaving my hairs to rise. He puts his other hand on my waist, instantly dragging me closer to him. He puts that same hand through my hair and I let out a shaky breath, not knowing what to expect from him.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his eyes searching every detail of my face.

I pout, not wanting to discuss how scared Julian made me feel earlier or about how Harry was close to murdering him.

I mean I'm fine... now... sorta.

Harry tilts my head up by the hold of my chin. "Tell me you're all right for God's sake..." He licks his lips, "please." He strains to say.

"I suppose." I tilt my head, not wanting to look him in the eyes. I don't want to start to cry or seem like I need all his attention. Although, I always want his attention as sad and selfish as it sounds.

"Good," he replies, putting his hand back at my waist and with his left hand he guides my chin up a bit to meet his lips. He slides his fingers that held my chin to my jaw, holding it in place as leans in to kiss me.