20

Short chap but I seriously wanted to update

enjoy lovers

"You'll have to tell me all about it," Leah says. She gives me a kiss on the cheek and a long hug. We're standing outside the mansion or as I've come to call it, beach-house. Steve waits outside my vehicle, while some other man waits outside another vehicle, waiting for Leah. It's time for me to met with prince charming.

My head rests on Leah's shoulder, my arms right around the middle of her back. My hair flies back a bit every so often, because of the light breeze. The air is warm yet the breeze makes it a tad cool. The sun is barely beaming but is still present, hardly a cloud in the sky. It's afternoons like this that remind me of summer, my childhood. Remind me of the times were my father would take my siblings and I outside. The times where my mother would take me out for picnics.

Days were I would walk along my childhood backyard. We had a very large swing set and trampoline, plus acres of land. When I was younger and didn't have an absolute care in the world or responsibility, I would go to my swing set all by myself, whenever I was bored. I would hop onto the little swing and push myself back and forth, hitting the breeze before it hit me. I would stare ahead at the open grassland, watching the sun set.

When my legs would get tired, I'd simply hop off the swing and land on the little mat. My mother placed  it on the dirt, she hated when I hopped off that swing, even though I still always did it. Realizing she couldn't get me to stop from hopping off it, she placed the little pink mat which covered over the grass, protecting me from scrapes and grass stains on my small knees.

I would walk a little farther out south of our home-thinking of it now, it was probably half a mile. I would walk half a mile to be met with a lake. I would take a seat on the grass, place my arms behind my back, leaning; my legs sprawled out in front of me, the grass roughly tickling me. The sun would set, the breeze would hit my hair. The colors of navy blue, pink and red would surround the golden sun. Only the black shadows of trees that seemed to float ontop of the lake, surrounded all around the area. I would close my eyes and allow the scenery to take me some place else. The sound of insects shrieking, frogs croaking from afar and the tinkle of little waves from the lake due to the breeze, were the only rythms to be heard for that half mile. 

Days like this made me happy.

"I will Leah. Thanks, for everything" I tell her. She looks me in the eyes, our hands both placed on each other's elbows now.

"I'm going to have to go now Gisele, or else I'll tear up again." Leah says, slowly backing away.

"See you Leah," I wave her off. I watch her walk to her vehicle and then get into it. I inhale a long breath and turn to my usual driver, Steve.

"You look lovely, Gisele." Steve says. He stands beside the opened back door of a long, black, glossy vehicle.

"Thank you, Steve." I smile at him and step into the car, he closes the door after me. 

I fix my dress as I sit and push my hair to the side, careful not to ruin anything. 

"Harry won't believe his eyes when he looks at you tonight," Steve says once he's situated in the drivers seat, he gives me a small smile reflecting off the central rear view mirror. 

"That's sweet of you, thanks again Steve." I say as I blush and pat down my dress.

I'm so nervous to see Harry tonight. I was emotional earlier, from only picking out my dress. God knows what's going to happen when I come face to face with him. He's probably going to be wearing one of his fancy suites and look so well taken care of and groomed, he'll probably smell so heavenly. 

"Where are we too?" I ask Steve, before my mind wanders and I feel even more anxious.

"It's a secret. Harry's orders." Steve replies. 

Of course. "Oh, he's full of secrets," I whisper.

I look out the window to my left, to see the sun starting to actually set. It's been over forty minutes. I sigh, Steve has been driving the speed limit this whole ride...I'm so tempted to ask him to drive a bit more faster, going five miles over won't hurt. 

"It's around the corner here," Steve randomly says. 

My body perks up from the laid back position I was just in. I fix my hair and place it along my back. I look out the window to take in my surrondings. I don't think I've ever been near this part of the district. I have yet to spot a living soul around.

"Where are we?" I ask again, in hopes of getting an answer this time.

"Are you ready?" Steve says, ignoring my question. "I'm sorry, you know how Harry is." he adds, pressing slowly onto the breaks, to prepare the vehicle for a halt.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I sigh. My heartbeat starts to increase as I realize that we're probably going to stop in front of the very large and old fashioned white/creme building coming up ahead on my right. I don't look at the details or any other surroundings when Steve finally parks the car. My hands rush to find the handles of the door, opening it and stepping out.

The cool breeze hits my body, just right. The sun is setting and has a shadow of the hues of three different orange colors. I hear Steve open his door, he apologizes for being slow and not being able to open mine. I give him a small smile and wave. "It's alright," I say. I'm not eager or anything. I take a step forward. 

My eyes finally get up close and personal with the alluring, monumental, creme building. I take in every edge of it, every carving, every detail and I pay attention to the numerous chips and scratches that has done harm to it. 

My heart falls to the bottom of my chest and my breath hitches in my throat. The beats of my loud pumping heart feel heavy and I feel like my heart will soon pump out of my body and onto the ground in front of me, continuing to thump and beat. My fingers and palms become sweaty.

I've seen this building before.

My feet immediately take small steps back, my arms flying over to rest on the skin covering the loud smacks coming from my chest. I hear Steve talking to me, but I'm unable to make out his words. I remove my hand. I take another step forward. 

I squint my eyes to try and get a better image of the small letters that read of a quote, above the doors of the building, which are craved in cursive and written in French. 

My mother spoke French. 

I move a step closer, opening my eyes wide in order to read the tiny words.

"Entre deux coeurs qui s'aiment, 

nul besoin de paroles."

(No words are needed between 

two hearts in love.)

My mind traces through my past as I mouth the words to myself. I try to recollect the memories. I try to remember why I've heard those words leave my mother's lips. And finally, I understand.

My parents got married here.