~~~JaytonYoung34

6/12/12

Party in the U.S.A by Miley Cyrus on the side--->>>> :)

Thankyou Kim! :D

~~~~~~~

What is your name?

Ah! The big secret several have asked!! My name is actually Kim, but since my children are the ones to talk me into finally working on my dream of writing, I used a piece of each of their names to come up with Jayton as a pen name. Young is actually my last name.

How old are you?

I am 34 years old.

What inspired you to write your first book?

I started writing on my first book in high school. I had a love of reading and wanted to be able to tell some of the stories I had in my head for others to enjoy. It's funny because, though i still have it, my first book has never been completed. It is the only one I have ever gotten writers block on, and after 17 years, still haven't finished it.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I can't name just one favorite author. I love any who take a unique approach or idea to a story. I different favorites for different genres. Patricia Briggs is my fave werewolf author (The Alpha and Omega series) and is actually one of my inspirations for FTH. I loved her definition of an Omega. I took it and put my own spin to it so it would not be a copy. *Note: Biggest Pet Peeve is people who copy and plagiarize ). Stephanie Myer is my favorite for fantasy and though it's not for Twilight, I do like those books. Her book 'The Host' was one I almost put back. It was slow in the beginning, but I stuck with it and got caught about 140 pages in. It is now one of my All Time Faves. Other Faves are: Payton Lee - Historical Fic and a new fave is E L James - Contemporary Fic (The Fifity Shades trilogy is awesome, but more of an erotic romance)

~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE!!! if u didn't --->>>> :)

~~~~~~~~~~

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

Truthfully, I have no favorite genres to write. I love them all and write whatever is in my head at the moment. You won't see too many historicals (I was bad at history), Horrors (don't like scary gory stuff cuz I'm a wimp), or vampires (I don't like reading or writing about drinking blood) I only write what I like and know. I hate getting facts wrong. If I don't know something for sure, I'll research it before i write it.

Do you see writing as a career?

I am trying to make this my career (I have always been a stay at home mom). I have one book I published myself on Kindle and Nook, and one at a publishing company waiting for final approval before they publish it. I am really excited. I have three more finished works that are ready when that one is finally approved.

If you could work with any author who would it be?

I would be honored to work with Patricia Briggs if it were ever possible. Again, she has been an inspiration to me.

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

I didn't use facts for FTH, but on my other account @JaytonYoung, I use some of my personal experiences and incorporate them into the stories. It is very therapeutic and a great coping mechanism.

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

In school I never dreamed of writing to the extent I do now, and I was a stay at home mom for so long, I lost the time to write until recently. It was with my kids encouragement that I started back.

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

Don't stress out if you run into a block while writing. The more you stress, the more your mind will shut down. Relax and let yourself just breath. For me, either the next bit of the story will come out, or another story will start to take place. That's why I usually write more than one at a time. It really helps not to be so focused on the same thing all the time.

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

By miracle I don't suffer writers block often. It's more like writer's overload because of all of the stories I want to get out. There is a line of them once I finish the ones I am working on. FTH was supposed to be a single book, but turned into a series the further I wrote into it. The other characters were all screaming at me to b tell their stories too.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

My advice for writers is to never FORCE a story. No matter how long it takes, let it come to you or you lose the essence of it you began with and it won't turn out the way you want. Write what you know and enjoy.

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

I am bad about writing a chapter and then going back to change it several times before going back to the original. I think it's so stupid, but I do it every time thinking something was missing, but realizing it was exactly the way it was supposed to be. Makes more work for me, but helps in keeping the story on track and interesting (I hope)

How would you describe yourself?

I write for fun and will write what i want to no matter what, but I still worry as to whether people are actually enjoying my books. I love comments; be it critique (in a constructive manor and NOT mean) or compliments. I appreciate all who give my stories a chance.

~~~~~~~~~~

Pleasee VOTEE! VOTE! VOTE!!! and COMMENT!!! :DDD