~~~LDCrichton

6/812

The song should be hmm... Whistle by Flo-rida :D

Thankyou Leah! :D 

~~~~~~~~~~

What is your name?

Leah Crichton. The “D” in my profile stands for Daniele. :-) 

How old are you?

**Has mild panic attack**Don't you mean how young am I? Just kidding. I just turned 32...so approaching the “fossil” age group pretty rapidly. 

What inspired you to write your first book?

My mom passed away. My first book deals with death and in a strange way it was very healing to write it. The actual idea for the story itself (plot) came from two songs played back to back one day on my iPod. 

~~~~~

VOTEE!!!! if u didn't  :)

~~~~

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

From the YA group (since that’s what I write): Cassandra Clare. I love her world building, not to mention the tension she manages to create between two people. Her incredible gift of creating characters that I found myself totally invested in from the first page. I also love writers like Suzanne Collins for writing such a moving and beautiful story, and Sarah Dessen for not being afraid to be “real” in her books. It never ceases to amaze me how many YA authors out there are simply spectacular. 

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

I wrote Amaranthine almost five years ago and at that point, I thought paranormal was my thing. Since then, I've written a few more and I find that young adult contemporary suits me best so far. That being said, I love the unexpected so I try very hard to add that aspect to my stories whether they’re paranormal or just normal. :-) 

Do you see writing as a career?

Not unless I sign a six figure book deal or win the lotto. Until then it will have to suffice as a hobby. 

If you could work with any author who would it be?

This is a hard question. I don’t think I’d do well working with someone else on a story. They’re usually too personal to me. When I’m in the middle of writing a book my mind wanders constantly, day and night. No rest for the wicked. I think it would just drive another person crazy. That being said, I’m open to ideas to improve my work all the time but that’s not really the same as working “with” another author… but I’d love to learn the secrets of the authors listed above. 

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

Facts? Not unless what I'm writing about is factual. If a character were speaking about geography, I'd make sure that the information they were relaying is correct and not invented. I’ll use experiences from real life but I always change them to fit the story more. I also people watch a tremendous amount of the time and will take note of certain quirks/traits people have… they might end up with one of my characters. 

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

Absolutely not. I thought Amaranthine was going to be a typed manuscript, collecting dust somewhere. 

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

You don’t have to be “on” all the time. Sometimes if you’re in a slump I find the pressure you tend to put on yourself is a lot. Take a deep breath and look around for inspiration because it truly is everywhere. A conversation in a coffee shop, a picture or a photograph, a TV show, for me: music. I could write a story based on just about any song. Creativity isn’t as elusive as it sometimes seems, you just have to know where to find it. 

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

Yes! Hate it. My dad is also an author and this is his tip. You’re going to laugh. 

Step one: Sit at your computer and open your document. 

Step two: Begin typing: the swift brown fox jumped over the fence, 

Step three: Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. 

I don’t know if it’s just that you get so sick of writing the same sentence over and over again or if it actually works to force your brain to think of something but I swear, it works. :) 

Other times, when I really have nothing, I will wait a week or two however I will try to avoid doing that at all costs. It’s bad for you. 

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Following my last point, try to write something every day. Even if it’s a 200 words. It’s better than nothing. More importantly: believe in yourself. The law of attraction is true: if you don’t love and believe in what you’re doing, no one else will either. 

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

Hmmm. I’m not sure what I would consider fun about me. I’m pretty full of sarcasm but only when appropriate (ie: most of the time). I have a slight clothes hoarding problem (I will deny this if confronted), I love crazy hair (mine was most recently blonde, black and pink and is now the same color as a firetruck). I love tattoos (have four – want more). I could probably play “name that tune” for an eternity before getting an answer wrong. Those are fun facts, yeah? 

How would you describe yourself?

Outgoing and a little (okay a lot) strange. 

~~~~~~~

VOTE guys,that's all i need! :D and a COMMENT!! :D