~~~DistantDreamer

12/14/12

Song of the day is ...1 by Joy Zipper :D

Do you like Amazing Race? Which was your favorite team? I definitely love it! Wanted the Twinnies to win! They had great energy! 

Btw like the new cover? --->>> =D

Thankyou Monica :)

~~~~~~~

What is your name?

Monica Sanz

How old are you?

28

What inspired you to write your first book?

The need to let go of something. For a long time I had difficulty sorting out my feelings and truly understanding a particular event, but once I wrote out the character's journey, I was able to see the experience from another perspective. I was finally able to let it go, and it felt amazing. It was definitely therapeutic.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I have an endless list of favorites, but I love Grace Livingston-Hill. Her characters will go through their share of hardship, and their faith is tested, but they always come out strong and get their happy ending.  

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

Romance. I love writing about love and how it changes people, whether in a good way or bad. Having two broken characters come together and learn things about themselves through their interactions with the other is a beautiful experience to write. I like Fantasy as well. I have a pretty wild imagination, and there are no boundaries when writing fantasy. 

~~~~~

VOTEEE- --->>> if you didn't :)

~~~~~~

Do you see writing as a career?

I would love for it to be! Imagine getting paid to do something that you love and spend every free moment doing? That would be fantastic.

If you could work with any author who would it be?  

This is a hard one. The majority of them are dead. 

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

Not consciously, no. My writing tends to be very emotional, and I'm sure that stems from personal experience. But I don't write about specific people and events and then change names/places. 

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

No way. I don't even know what I expected out of life, but I never imagined the amazing life I have now. God definitely had bigger dreams and plans for me than I had for myself, and I thank him for those blessings every single day.

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

Take a few days off from the story. Work on something else so that when you approach the story again, it will be with a clear mind.  I like to sit in my backyard with a notebook and free write a lot of times about the different sounds and scents. It'll be random things, but in simply writing, ideas start to flow again. It's just about giving yourself time, giving your brain time to figure things out. Music is also a huge help. I like listening to film scores and brainstorm.  Then there are times I will do absolutely nothing. I will take a weekend and not write a word. We all need a break sometimes. 

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

I don't. There's always something brewing in my head. When I feel as though I've hit a wall with one story, I work on something else. Pretty much the same advice as above.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Write, write, and don't stop writing. Writing is a never-ending learning process, and to become a better writer, you simply have to keep writing. Yes, you will write  a whole lot of "bad" stories. You know, the ones that make you cringe when you read them over. But they are needed. You won't ever discover your voice as a writer unless you take the journey and start putting those words on paper.  

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

Another hard one! I'll have to get back to you on this.

How would you describe yourself?

A mother, a wife, a writer, a dreamer... an extremely scattered and blessed woman working hard to make her dreams come true.  

~~~~~~

VOTEEEE!!! and COMMENT!!! =D