~~~Conleyswifey

6/4/12

Hi, 3rd in a row! hah 

First of all i'd like to say that Nicole is VERYYYY nice! haha :D she has written a lot of stories. if u haven't read The McEllis Boys yet...then of course... go read it! after u have read and voted for the interview :) i love the way she writes her stories, she explains everything perfectly, i actually counted the number of stories she has written, u may not know it but she has actually written 38 stories...just WOW! ...now u know :) the story that has most reads is of course my favorite The McEllis Boys ;), has 487,432 reads and she has overall 84,122 votes! yahhh if u haven't already fanned her or read any of her stories then do it now! well...after reading the interview and voting:)

Song of the day is ....gosh! i love this song very much!! :D Tighten up by The black keys ;) 

Thankyou Nicole! :D 

~~~~~~~

What is your name?

My name is Nicole

How old are you?

I am 25 years old

What inspired you to write your first book?

The first longer story I ever wrote was 'Fallen Angel.' I'm not sure what inspired it. I've just always loved to write. I was one of those wierd kids that got excited in school when the teacher would assign an essay :) 

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Favorite author? You know I would have to say Ralph Compton. I just love westerns and that whole life and death struggle and freedom that it encompasses. And when you throw a little romance in? Well that just makes it even better! 

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

Western Romances of course! 

~~~~~~~~

forgot to vote? if u did then VOTE please :) -->

~~~~~~~~

Do you see writing as a career?

As many hours as I spend writing a week, I would have to say that yes I see it as a career, it's just a career that I don't get paid money for. But I do get a great high every time I see a new review, fan or message! 

If you could work with any author who would it be?

I don't think I would want to work with another author. Too many cooks in a kitchen can lead to disasters.

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

As with most fiction there is some real life thrown in there but for the most part I try to make everything original. Though I will admit that a lot of my characters (or at least parts of their personalities) are inspired by people I know. 

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

Did I ever think I'd have over 4,000 fans? Heck no I didn't. As a matter of fact for a long long time I woudln't share anything I wrote. Then my husband was snooping and found a notebook. Written inside was 'Saving the Gunslinger' and my redneck husband actually sat down and read the whole thing! He then proceeded to tell me that if I didn't share my stories I was a fool so... here we are. 

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

For me writing as always come as natural as breathing but there are times when I simply lose interest in a story (Small Town Love is an example), I've always said that when it starts to feel like work and the joy goes out of writing the story then that story just isn't working and maybe it's time to stop and move on to a new project. 

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

Writers block has never been a problem for me. I have a very overactive imagination and writing is my outlet so for that I'm thankful! 

Do you have any advice for other writers?

The only advice I could offer is don't give into pressure from others. Write about what you want, when you want and how you want. Write from the heart, let your passion shine through and the work will be amazing! 

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

Fun? Naw, i'm just an old married fuddy duddy with 3 kids :) Though I do own over forty guns and know how to use them all (gotta be ready for those zombies haha!), I am a very good shot, and surprisingly, despite my genre of stories I have never ridden a horse. (I know it's random but like I said, i'm boring!) 

How would you describe yourself?

Describe myself? I try to be a good christian woman (not one of those judgemental crazy types), I try to help anyone who needs me, treat everyone with love and respect (whether we share the same beleifs or not), I've been told several times that I'm funny and most of the time when I'm around, people are laughing. I am a woman that is very very much in love with her husband and he and my children are my life. Other than that there isn't much to me. I tend to be hot tempered and very protective of those I love and patience are a virtue I was not blessed with :)

~~~~~~

Get ready for the next interview..coming soon!! :) VOTE!!! VOTE!! and COMMENT!! :DD