~~~DelShereeGladden

9/9/14

Today's song is, Smile by Mikky Ekko =) Enjoy it!

Thank you DelSheree :)

~~~~~~

What is your name?

I'm DelSheree Gladden. It's nice having a unique name because it makes it easier for people to find me.

How old are you?

I'm 29. 

What inspired you to write your first book?

The first book I published is called Escaping Fate. I was inspired to write the story after learning about the Aztec culture in high school. I was really interested in their rituals and ceremonies.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I have a lot of favorites, but Jim Butcher is one of my top picks. His characters are so captivating and I love how he puts a new twist on everything he writes.

~~~~

Vote!! If you didn't already --->>> :)

~~~~

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

I love YA. It's my favorite to read and write.

Do you see writing as a career?

Definitely! I'm not to the point where it's my only job, but hopefully someday :)

If you could work with any author who would it be?

Brandon Sanderson. He is one of the most brilliant writers I've ever read!

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

I use a lot of actual myths and legends in my stories, but I always like to put my own twist on them. 

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

I thought I would be living somewhere else doing fashion design, but I'm glad to have ended up living with my husband and two kids back by family. 

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

Start reading. Watch a movie. Listen to music. Learn something new. There are so many opportunities for inspiration. WE just need to pay attention and look for them. 

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

I do. What I'll usually do is start a new story and take a break and read instead. 

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Whatever genre you want to write, read as much of it as you can. You have to know the ins and out of your genre to convince readers to take you seriously. 

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

I used to be a gymnast in my younger years.

How would you describe yourself?

I would describe myself as a quiet person until you really get to know me. 

~~~~~

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!! =D 

Enjoy.