~~~Leigh_ : Friendship for Dummies

6/9/12

Song of the day is American boy by Estelle

Thankyou Leigh :)

~~~~~~~

What is your name?

Leigh

How old are you?

16

What inspired you to write your first book?

Um, I don’t know, really. I’ve been writing from such a young age but I never actually finished a book before. I always used to start a couple of chapters and give up, because it was more fun that way. Then last year, after a year or so break from writing, I was like... okay, I really want to write a full-length novel. So I did, and after about 10 months Serenity Falls was finished!

Who is your favourite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I like a lot of different authors... I don’t really have a favourite. But my favourite book is The Hunger Games by far, so maybe I’d say Suzanne Collins. That book is genius!

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

I write teen fiction, romance and humour. That’s what I’m best at because it’s what I read, and I haven’t really attempted anything else. I feel like I wouldn’t enjoy it as much so I like to stick to those genres.

Do you see writing as a career?

Not really, no. It wouldn’t be a full-time job but I’d love to get at least one book published when I’m older. It would still be a free time thing, though. I don’t think doing it all the time is for me.

If you could work with any author who would it be?

Um... I don’t know, actually. This is kind of the same as the favourite author question so I don’t really know, haha. Maybe I’d go for the obvious one and say J.K. Rowling because come on... who wouldn’t want to?

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

Hardly ever. Most of what I write about just comes from my head... my life is way too boring to find anything interesting to write about.

~~~~

DID u VOTE?? if u didn't >>>> :)

~~~~~

Did you ever think you’d be where you are right now?

Not at all! I’m still kind of in shock about how many people I have reading and following my story. I didn’t think it would ever get noticed that much. But of course I really appreciate all the support!

What advice would you give to people who “run out of creativity” when writing?

Take a break. And by that, I mean at least a couple of days. I’ve found that when you try to force ideas out of yourself you think of even less. Also then writing becomes a chore instead of a fun thing to do, which will make you even less motivated. Breaks are good!

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

EVERYONE suffers from writer’s block. If they say they don’t, they’re lying. I seem to get it a lot more than most people which sucks, haha. Usually I just take a day’s break (maybe more) and come back to it when I feel like it. I don’t advise trying to write through it. When I do that, I end up absolutely hating what I’ve written, doubting my ability to actually write... and then scrapping it anyway.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Keep going and don’t give up! Like, even if you think people aren’t reading your work, they will be. And also practice makes perfect. That’s not just a saying – it’s true. I can even see how much my writing has improved since I wrote Serenity Falls (that story makes me want to cringe now) and that was like a year ago. Oh, and also... READ! It will help you so much.

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

Um... not really. I’m such a boring person, lol.

How would you describe yourself?

Shy and awkward haha. If you ever meet me you’ll realise that pretty quickly!

~~~~~~~~~

VOTE!! AND of course COMMENT! :D