~~~Kissmyoops3

8/17/12

Song is on the side --->> :) Eye of the tiger by Survivor

Thankyou Zoey :)

~~~~~~~

What is your name?

Zoey Johnson

How old are you?

I am 19 years old.

What inspired you to write your first book?

I've never really finished a story until a few years ago, but I'm going to assume you mean like... my first one ever. It's still unfinished, but I used to be totally into spies, so naturally it was about spies. I was actually watching Resident Evil on TV at the time, and my mind started wandering on it's own. I didn't exactly realize I was fabricating a story plot in my head until I started to write down the scene I had imagined earlier. I was pretty faithful to that story until my computer died and I thought I had lost all of the data. I found an old USB with my story still on it, but I've long since abandoned it. Never gave it a title, but that's what got me here now.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Published author? Hmm... It changes so much because I love writers. I think at the moment Becca Fitzpatrick is. She's the author of the Hush Hush series. It's a romance story, and the way that she can get you to fall over her main character Patch is incredible. The way she can write the flirtatiousness of her characters astounds me. I wish I could do that to her level. I'm in awe every time I read her books. 

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

Romance is in every story I've ever written simply because I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to books. The only stories that I can live with not having romance would be science fiction. I would honestly say that science fiction is my favorite genre because I don't have to abide by any pre-existing rules. If I want my character to have six legs, so be it! Of course, because of how I am, my characters always have a little fling in their stories... So I guess it's a tie between romance and science fiction. 

~~~~~~~~

VOTE--->> if u didn't :)

~~~~~~

Do you see writing as a career?

For myself? No. The only real career you could make out of writing is journalism (or if your name is Stephen King). I'm not interested in reporting what happened yesterday in that small town, nor do I care for competing to get the story out first. I personally would like a career separate from writing. That way I can take aspects of my career and apply them to writing. Writing is a past time, and it's the only one hobby I try to do at least a few times a week. You can't get bored writing. It's perfect.

If you could work with any author who would it be?

Beccaaaaaa! She's brilliant! I know people would say J.K. Rowling or John Steinbeck (who wouldn't be too bad actually...) or even E. L. James (Author of 50 Shades), but I love me my small time writer. She's not famous so her ego couldn't be huge, and she's captivated me in a way I've never thought possible. If I couldn't work with Ms. Fitzpatrick, then I would chose Richelle Mead (author of Vampire Academy). The way she manages to hold her readers on with so few interactions between her main protagonists is amazing, and definitely a skill I want to achieve. 

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

No. I don't think I ever could. I'm too imaginative for that, and I would twist this way out of proportion. The next thing I'd know, instead of writing about the Civil War, we'd be in year 2098 talking about how these aliens are trying to abducted my main character's family or something. Yeah.. I would do that. 

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

Sitting behind a computer screen, posting my stories online? No. I actually thought it was just a phase I'd get through in a year. I started on Quizilla probably five years ago, and it still amazes me how I still have an active account on there. No life? I think yes. But it does surprise me that I'm actually starting to pursue publication. I haven't made a huge step yet, but I've never before gone and revised my stories like I am now. Hopefully one day you'll see my name on the shelves.

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

Writer's Block is a pain in the butt. There are so many websites online that could help. Just google ways to get out of it. Sometimes, you have to abandon that story completely (but make that a rare thing). Other times, you need to sit yourself down, put on a good song (I'd suggest Eye of the Tiger, because you can't go wrong with that) and write continuously until the song is over. If you have to keep repeating do it. If suddenly, you put your character in a car accident, do it! Don't give up until you have no other options. There's no such thing as running out of creativity. There is just coming to a dead end. You have to figure out a way to cut through it. 

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

I do the music thing that I said earlier. If it's been too long and NOTHING has been updated, I will force myself to update. Sometimes I will write a few chapters in a story I will never post or finish. That will get me to write more in my current stories. For example, when I can't write, I'll post segments from this 'Zombie Apocalypse' story I'm doing. I will never finish it. It has no flow, no actual plot, and full of inaccuracies, but if I get even three pages in, it'll be easier for me to write in almost anything else. Not sure if that's the same for others but...

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Don't. Give. Up. You should never write for others, but I understand it's good to get some feedback. But if you keep giving up on chapter 7 of your stories to start a new one, you'll never get writers. A lot of people only read completed stories. It's a fact. Just keep pushing. Plan out your story ahead of time so you don't run yourself into a brick wall.

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

I love everybody :3 Honsetly, I really don't know what to say. I'm pretty open, but also pretty boring. The most exciting thing about me is the fact that I write secretly. None of my personal friends or family know about this. So you guys get an exclusive look at the real Zoey ;)

How would you describe yourself?

I write more than I talk. By a lot. I'm also a huge tease. So I guess my username is pretty accurate!

~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to VOTEEE!! and COMMENT!! :D