Chapter Twenty-Seven

The rest of my summer flew by in a blur. A blur of games of wizards chess, exploding snap and showing Sirius my powers. I had to give in to the man at some point, he was beginning to border on a beggar. Harry's trial went well thankfully, and he was going to Hogwarts with the rest of us. We spent hours upon hours trying to figure out who would do this to him, and nothing was making any sense. 

I currently was on platform 9 3/4, standing around waiting for the Weasleys to say goodbye to their parents. I knew my parents were dropping of my brother and sisters soon too, so I kept my eye open for them. "Ali!" I heard behind me, and smiled seeing my brother running up to me with my parents and the twins behind them. The twins immediately walked over to Fred and George, and the four of them were instantly in their own little world. I rolled my eyes and shook my head before turning to my brother.

"Miss me?" I asked raising my arms open to hug my brother. "Not at all" Damian said causing me to punch him in the arm. I turned away from him to quickly hug my mother and father, my mother having a hard time letting me go. 

"Did you enjoy the rest of your summer sweetheart?" My mother asked me, keeping an arm firmly around me. I nodded and kissed her on the cheek before moving to stand in front of my parents. My father seemed like something was bothering him, but I didn't have time to question it as the horn was blaring on the train signaling us to board.

"Be careful this year Ali" My father whispered in my ear, giving me a worried glance as he pulled me into a tight hug. I nodded to him before pulling away and hugging my mother, who of course was crying like every other year. This year would be different for her though, the twins would be graduating and I don't know if she was going to be able to watch Andi and Aurora go off on their own without having a panic attack. 

I found a compartment with Harry, Ron and Hermione. I waved to my parents out the window one more time before slinking back onto the bench beside Harry. It didn't take long on the train before Ron fell asleep, and Hermione had her face deep into whatever book she was reading. Leaving Harry and I to entertain ourselves.

"Think we are going to make it through the year without someone trying to kill us?" I asked him trying to break the awkward silence. Harry looked over at me and raised an eyebrow, I just smiled sheepishly and shrugged my shoulders. Harry couldn't help it and started laughing while running a hand through his dark raven hair.

"Well they wont  be able to kill you. Me however, That's an every year type of thing" Harry said looking past me out the window to watch the raindrops roll down the window of our compartment.  I felt bad Harry had to go through this every year, like Voldemort's sole purpose every year was to try and kill him. But no not this year, I wouldn't let anything happen to him. I have these new amazing powers, I might as well do some good with them.

"I wont let anyone touch you this year Harry" I said reaching over and taking his hand in mine. Harry's face flushed red before squeezing my hand in his. "You really are a good friend Ali" He said with a smile. He looked away to the compartment as Neville had came inside to say something to him. That gave me the chance to turn my head and frown. I didn't just want to be your friend Harry, Why couldn't he just see that?

Some five hours later and night had fell and we were pulling into Hogsmeade station. I kicked Ron awake and followed Harry out of the compartment, something behind me catching onto my robes. I yanked them hard but hearing a snicker I realized why they weren't moving. Draco had his foot on the bottom of my robes preventing me from  going anywhere.

"See you got rid of that blonde in your hair Ali, Wasn't really your color anyway" Draco said pulling on a strand on my brown hair between his fingers. I swatted his hand away and tried once more to pull my robe from his dirt shoe.