Chapter Sixty-Five

Have you ever been in hell? 

Hell is a castle, with tall imposing rafters casting shadows on the ground below. Hell was once my home, once filled with pleasant memories and happy experiences. Now it could burn for all I care. Hogwarts could burn to the ground taking with it the numerous death eaters who happened to linger outside. 

"What's our plan?" Draco called over my shoulder, watching the chaos below us. There were hundreds of death eaters, just running towards the castle in every direction, and only one thought came to mind.

Burn them. 

And she did. The dragon lit a fire to the entire grounds, I could feel the heat pouring out of her, and she roared between bursts of flame. I could hear their pathetic screams, running away from the castle afraid for their lives. voldemort was more than likely away from all of this, but I would take out as many as I could before he eventually found me. 

"I'm taking you to the astronomy tower." I told him, steering the dragon that direction. 

"I'm not leaving you, Ali!" He argued. 

"If I get thrown off of her, I'll be okay. You won't! I'm not risking your safety." We hovered just in front of the railing of the tower. The railing Dumbledore fell from not that long ago. I shook away that guilt and nodded me head for him to get off. 

"Don't be stupid, Ali." He growled, reaching out to grip my arm. 

"Haven't we already determined, I'm as stupid as they come? Now go before I make you get off." 

Draco hesitated again before realizing he knew me better than anyone, and he knew I would just take control of his mind and do it myself. I didn't want to, but I would. 

"If you want to help, try and find Harry.  Help him. I don't know how, just help him." 

"And what are you going to do?" Draco asked, folding his arms over his chest like a mother scolding her unruly child. 

"I didn't bring this dragon for nothing. " I sent him a wink, and with that I was off... taking to the skies with a roar. 

~

It was as if the air had left my lungs, and the very existence of myself  was pulled from my body. That cold drop in temperature surrounded me, and I knew instantly what was coming. Those black cloaks billowed in the wind, the dementors beneath them hungry for whoever was in their path. I halted above the forbidden forest, watching them descend onto the flame ridden grounds. 

I had done damage to the battlefield, but not nearly enough as I had wanted. Voldemort had a larger army than I realized, and I think I pissed him off more than anything else. Charlie and the other dragon trainers had left not long ago, preserving the breeds was important after they fought for so long. And the brooms that had been flying in synch below me had landed as well. The skies were dark and calm, and I didn't like it. 

I wiped my sweat covered brow on the back of my hand, watching as soot coated my olive skin. The dragon groaned beneath me, and I knew she was as tired as I was. She had done plenty, and I knew it was time for her to head home. It was only a matter of time before an errant curse landed her way, and I wasn't going to lose her that way. 

Let's land now.  I thought, earning an arguable grunt from her. You did well, girl. It's time to rest.

She halted again before slowly landing in a clearing in the forest. I could hear the screams in the distance. The sounds of crackling flames and falling trees, bodies hitting the floor and running footsteps.