Chapter Fifty-Five

The rain pelted heavily on the top of my head, droplets tinting my hair before falling into the mud. Thunder cracked loudly in the distance, and every so often lighting could be seen across the sky. My knees were digging into the mud and staining my skin. My hands were trembling as I rested them against my bare skin. I had no idea how long I had been sitting here, and I honestly couldn't care less. 

It had been two months since I killed Dumbledore, and slowly found myself into Voldemort's inner circle. His trust was something I knew I needed to succeed in the end, but doing the things that got me there were giving me nightmares. 

My mother continued to be a residence in the cellar of the Malfoy's home, I knew she was my leverage. She was how The Dark Lord was getting me to do his sick business, by keeping her here under lock and key. My father went missing shortly before I completed my mission of killing Dumbledore, and now the snatchers were hunting him along with every half-blood and muggle born. I was told he had viable information, but nobody told me what it was.

"Ali?" I heard Draco behind me, before his hand gently rested on my shoulder. 

"I'm so tired, Draco. All these bodies, they're haunting me." I said in exasperation. Draco slid down into the mud next to me, I looked over to see he was completely ruining his black suit. The rain  drenched his bright blonde hair, and it soon released itself from it's normal slicked back fashion to fall gently into his tired face. 

Draco wrapped an arm around me and rested his chin against the top of my head. There was nothing he could say, he knew nothing could make me feel better. It was the same for him now, we both have  just accepted what the fates have given us. 

"I know." Draco whispered as I let out a dry sob. I could only allow myself rare moments of weakness in secret, I needed to appear strong and fearless to the other death eaters. 

"Let's go inside before you get sick." Draco said, standing up and holding his hand out for me to take. I stared at his hand for several moments before finally accepting it and letting Draco pull me out of the mud. 

I followed him through the house before we were standing outside my bedroom door. 

"Do you want me to stay with you tonight?" He asked. I attempted a smile and shook my head. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Night." I said, kissing his cheek before heading into my room and closing the door. 

I could have easily cast a drying spell over my shivering body, but I didn't. I sort of liked the pain. It was like I could give myself this one small punishment for all the atrocities I've committed in the last couple months. So I crashed into my red satin sheets, soaking wet and trembling and waved my hand to shut out the lights. 

"Happy Birthday, Harry." I whispered into the darkness before letting the nightmares consume me.

~

I let my eyes linger on the tiny crack in the Malfoy's dining room table. A tiny barely noticeable crack that was pretty much the only flaw on the entire thing. The only flaw to the naked eye anyway. Blood stained this table more than food did, and that tiny crack was put there by a victim themselves. 

Staring at that tiny crack allowed me from having to look at the person I hated most in this world. The Dark Lord who sat at the head of the table. His voice rumbled softly, alerting his followers of whatever needed to be said, giving orders on things that needed to be done. It wasn't until I heard the word 'Harry' That he had my full attention. 

"The ministry will soon be under our full control. Which will give us another opportunity to get Harry Potter. My intel tells me he is under protection at the Weasley's home. "