Chapter Twenty

Everything was dark. Even the illumination from my wand wasn't helping me see many of the things around me. The moon was high and full, and gave me some sense of direction of the dangerous area we had landed in. When my eyes adjusted to the dark I could see we were in a graveyard, an eery graveyard with a low layer of mist hovering over the damp grass. "Harry?....Cedric?" I called out softly trying to find my friends. I stumbled slightly over a small gravestone and shivered before picking up my pace.

I rounded the corner of a tall grave before running into a warm body and falling backwards. "Sorry Ali, This place gives me the creeps" Cedric said as he helped me up from the ground. "Me too" I told him as we walked side by side around the graveyard to find Harry. Up ahead in a clearing I could see a tall statue that resembled the grim reaper from muggle story books. A short raven haired boy was standing by it's feet with his wand at the ready. It was Harry. "There he is" I said and pointed to him across the way. 

I ran across the way to get to Harry but stopped when I heard the loud crack of a spell behind me. I whipped my head around and screamed when I saw Cedric laying behind me, death clear on his face. "NO!" I cried out and held Cedric close to my body. Harry had ran over to us and sat next to me with confusion and fear evident on his face. "What do we do?" I asked tears running down my face realizing someone had just killed our friend. Cedric eyes looked to the sky, he looked but he did not see. This graveyard would be the last thing that Cedric would ever see. They say this tournament was dangerous, that there were plenty of risks...I just never thought it would kill any of us. 

"Harry Potter" I heard a ghostly voice speak in front of us, and gasped seeing two new figures with us. A short plump man with wispy hair and a rat like appearance. He had long crooked teeth and was carrying what looked like a baby in his arms, but the tiny being had tiny red eyes and spiky teeth and it scared me to death. Harry had pulled me off of Cedric and pushed me gently behind him protectively. "Alisanna Soloria" The ghostly voice said again, I know everyone knew of Harry, but doubted anyone knew who I was. 

"Who are you?" I asked as confidently as I could, the mousy man just walked forward to a cauldran he conjured and tossed the tiny figure inside. Something seemed to be pulling Harry and i towards the bubbling cauldron, and seeing the man with a wand pointed towards us i realized it was no coincidence. He waved his wand and sent Harry flying into the statue, him getting trapped between the arms. "Harry!" I yelled and tried to run over to him, but he waved his wand once more and sent me backwards onto the ground and i felt my body stiffen as if in chains. 

"Ali! You alright?" I heard Harry's voice yell to me, but something was keeping me from answering so all I could do was listen to Harry's continuous yells of my name. I could hear the man speaking, but focusing on Harry was what was keeping me calm. I could hear him suddenly crying out in pain, and that was when I willed myself to get out of this spell. I thought hard about breaking free from these invisible chains, and that was when I was free to roam on on own.

I yelled for Harry and ran for him, gasping when I saw his arm covered in blood. I saw the man tossing blood from a dagger into the bubbling cauldron, and I was trying my hardest to help him down from the holds of this statue. "Ali, get out of here" Harry yelled at me, looking frightened at our surroundings, still wincing in pain from his arm. "I'm not leaving you Harry!" I cried out, trying every spell in the book to get Harry down from this hold. His feet were dangling above the ground, and he was holding on tightly to the statues arms. 

"Ali RUN!" Harry suddenly yelled, and I turned around quickly to see something that frightened me to my core. The cauldron had stopped bubbling and had completely disintegrated all together, instead a tall man stood in it's place. He had a pale pasty white complexion, and not a single strand of hair on his body. The red eyes were now larger and looking straight in my direction, and where a nose normally stood was a snake like shape above his putrid mouth full of ragged teeth. A shiver went down my spine as he smiled brightly at me, his black robe blowing behind him in the wind. This must be Lord Voldemort, the man who killed my best friends family and almost succeeded in killing him as well.

"Ah, I was waiting for the day I would finally meet you" He said, his ghostly voice sending even more chills down my spine. My eyes went wide realizing he was looking at me, wanting to meet me, but why? 

"Why?" I managed to choke out, still frightened fiercely of this man. Voldemort only smiled brighter and stepped closer to where I stood, trying my hardest to protect the vulnerable Harry who was grunting behind me. "Because my dear, you have something that I need" He said simply, motioning to my head. Within a flash Voldemort was standing inches away from me, so close I could actually feel his hot breath on my face. "Don't touch her" Harry cried out behind us, but Voldemort only kept eyes on me.

It was then I realized what he wanted from me....my powers. I had strong mental powers that Voldemort could use to his advantage, something he could use to get anything he wanted...his own personal shield. I had the power to make anyone do what I wanted, I had the power to block any spell without a wand, I soon learned I didn't even need a wand to do anything I wanted, but I kept it with me just in case. It was as if I was a human version of every last unforgivable curse, a deadly weapon in the wrong hands.

"You cant have me" I said as confident as I could. "And you know I wont go willingly" I added, taking a confident step forward towards the smiling frightening man. Voldemort's smile only got wider "I like your exuberance. I'm no fool, I know you would never join me willingly" He said menacingly calm, taking a step towards Harry who he finally noticed was there. He appeared to be studying Harry as if he was some new species he had never seen before. "Almost forgot you were here" He said sneering towards Harry. 

I thought hard about an escape plan, thought long and hard about this. Any mistake could get me or Harry killed and I couldn't risk that. I noticed the mousy man was standing several feet away from me, and I would use him to my advantage. I snapped my finger and he turned to look at me, that was when I looked deep into his eyes to get him to do what I wanted. Distract your master I thought. The man blinked several times before wobbling over to where Harry and Voldemort stood, speaking quickly to Voldemort who looked impatient. 

Within a flash Voldemort had sent the man flying backwards and had his finger pointed against Harry's forehead, Harry started screaming bloody murder. I couldn't do anything but watch, I had no idea how to help him. But something in me had me desperately wanting to help him, wanting to kill the man that was hurting him. I yanked my wand out  " Bombarda" I shouted at the statue's feet, a lour explosion separated the two. With my mind I sent all the debris I could towards Voldemort before running over to help Harry. 

Harry was coughing and holding onto his arm as he hobbled over to me from the smoke of the explosion. I called out his name and he ran as quick as he could over to me, me swinging his arm over my shoulder. I could hear Voldemort trying to get up, and we quickened out pace over to Cedric's dead body. "We have to bring him with us" I whispered, Harry nodded and we each wrapped an arm around Cedric. I cried again looking down at his lifeless brown eyes, and just wishing he would wake up and crack a joke once more. 

I heard cracks and looked to see numerous cloaked figured landing in a circle around Voldemort and all of them pointing their wands at Harry and I. My breathing quickened as they started to run, once of them sending a spell at my head that missed by inches. I closed my eyes and reached out my hand for the port-key, and the second it touched my fingers the three of us were lifted from the ground, the sounds of yelling death eaters was the last thing we heard.

We landed back at Hogwarts, the band playing loudly in the background, but all Harry and I could do was cry over the dead friend we were holding on to, and cry about the fact that the dark lord everyone had thought was dead was in fact back again. I felt someone trying to lift me off of Cedric's body, but I latched on and wouldn't let go. I heard Harry yelling at someone, and the familiarity of family yelling my name. Everything became too much, and suddenly the back of my eyelids was all I saw.