Chapter Thirty-Five

The pain of getting my dark mark, was more painful than I could have ever imagined. It felt like my arm was being ripped apart from the inside out and it was almost as if it was on fire and becoming frost bitten all at once. It was hours of white hot searing pain sent through my body and when it was all completed I wasn't even sure I made the right decision. 

I looked down at the skull that slithered around on my wrist as black as night, and I knew my life was going to change. I was now considered one of his followers, I was one of his little minions and as sad as it was -- I had to do anything he wanted of me, or pay the consequences. 

I was no longer free, I would always be monitored by the dark lord and was under his watchful glances. He would know if I went away from the pack and tried to see my family, he would know if I tried to warn my friends of impeding danger. I was under lock and key until this whole ordeal was over with. The only thing that gave me peace was the hope that Voldemort wouldn't touch the people I cared about. If he failed in his word, then I would do exactly what I said I would and watch as his followers burned to the ground.

"Well done, Alisanna" I heard his almost ghost like voice call over to me from across the room. I looked up at him and glared from my squatted position in the middle of Malfoy Manner. "You did all the hard work" I told him with a small chuckle.

"I never do work when I have people like you" He laughed, and many of his followers followed. I glanced over at Draco and saw him shaking his head at me and placing a finger over hips lips, as if telling me to keep my mouth shut. But I just couldn't, it was like talking back at Voldemort was what I was here for, like he was keeping me around as his personal little fool.

"What do you need? your head shaved? nose hair trimmed?" I smirked as I slowly stood up from the ground "Oh, wait" I added as I nodded my head towards his bare head. 

Voldemort glared at me and before i could comprehend what was happening, his wand was pointed between my eyes. "Crucio" he growled and pain a million times worse than the dark mark filled my body.

In fact the pain was so great, that instead of crying out like I figured I would -- I laughed. The longest and loudest laugh of my entire mouth sounded out from between my lips. I clutched my stomach while tears streamed down my face.  It must have been delirium. I turned my attention towards the Dark Lord himself and used my powers to make him end the pain. He then shifted the aim of his wand from me, towards himself and he couldn't even stop it.

"Stop this NOW!" He roared as he slid to the ground in pain, myself getting up and brushing myself off. I knew I was testing the dark lords patience, that my defiance would result in something I really did not want to happen, but for some reason I just did not care. I noticed his followers weren't quite sure what to do, some looked ready to kill me, while others looked to me with fright. Draco himself was about to rip his blonde hair out he was gripping it so hard.

Voldemort was writhing around on the ground while he kept his own wand pointed towards his chest. "I will end you girl, stop this now!" he fired over to me. 

"I want your word!" I shouted "You don't harm my family, you don't hurt any of the people I care about!"

"I gave you that already, you bloody idiot!" Voldemort actually looked to be weakening. His body wasn't trashing around like he once was, and his eyes were rolling into the back of his head in pain.

"Make the unbreakable vow" I said earning quite a few gasps around the room. Voldemort shook his head, and growled "No!" 

I shrugged and looked over to one random follower, taking control of him to point his wand at Voldemort as well, intensifying his pain. Several other followers tried running towards me, I just flicked my hand sending them crashing through the window.

"I can keep this going all day" I said getting quite angry at how stubborn he was being. So I waved my hand towards Bellatrix, sending an invisible snake twisting around her neck. She was hovering in air, grasping for breath and for some odd reason I just could not care. The rage within myself of being put in this situation was sending me over the edge. I could kill everyone in this room if I wanted to and not think twice, and from the look on Voldemort's face -- he knew it too.

"Alright!" he gasped out the best he could. "I'll do it" 

I finally dropped every control I had of the people in the room, and majority of them ran off through random doors, not wanting to be at the ass end of any more of my wrath. Voldemort stumbled over to me, his right arm extended for me to take. I hesitated no farther in placing my tiny hand around his ice cold one. 

"Lucious, will you do the honor?" he asked, his blood red eyes not leaving mine. Draco's father stepped forward, looking to me with weary eyes before turning to his master. "Yes, my Lord" He bowed his head and pulled out his wand.

"Will you deter from causing any harm to the Soloria family, or the friends that Alisanna holds dear" 

"I will" Voldemort answered. Lucious placed his wand to our conjoining arms and a blue glow wrapped itself around us. Several seconds past and finally we dropped hands, Lucious grabbing his family and scurrying away -- leaving us alone.

"You will never do that again, do you understand me?" He ask calmly, yet I could see the storm brewing behind his eyes. I could see how badly he wanted to rip me limb from limb, but I knew he wouldn't. And now that his life was in danger if he touched my family, I felt a lot safer. 

"I may not be able to touch your precious family, but that doesn't mean I can't touch you" He said taking a step forward. I smirked and followed suit until we were almost nose to nose...if he had one anyway. So nose to, hole? Nose to slit? I don't know.

"Go ahead and try. You need me for something, or I wouldn't be here. You only keep people around who are either of value, or are scared of you and we both know I'm not the latter." I told him " You don't scare me" 

"That may be true my love, but none of your family will want you now that you are tainted" he said motioning down to the mark on my arm " You don't think your precious family could love a death eater do you?" 

I winced at his words, even though I tried not to let him get to me. That thought had crossed my mind, but as long as they were safe i could deal with it. 

I smiled. "They're safe, and that's all that matters to me." I told him before turning on my heel and leaving the hall. I slammed the door behind me and finally realized that I might not actually get to see any of my family again. But I took solace in the fact that if i couldn't leave, I would do everything in my power to sabotage anything the Dark Lord had planned.