Chapter Twenty-One

Cedric's memorial was a couple days after the final task, and sadly for me I was not there. A lot had happened between now and the night Harry and i were attacked by Voldemort, including me getting hounded by the ministry and finding out Moody was an imposter. It was a huge shock to learn that the man who had been training me with my powers was an escapee from azkaban. I wished desperately to be able to attend the memorial for Cedric, I was the last person to see him before he died and I wanted to pay my respects. But my father and the ministry kept me elsewhere.

I answered question after question, every ministry official trying to get every scrap of information from me and Harry as well. I told them what I could, we told them about the port key and Voldemort and the mousy man who was doing his bidding, who oddly enough I found out used to be Ron's pet rat the year before. Crazy things sure do happen to follow Harry around, and I have a feeling this is only the beginning. And things will get even worse for me now that Voldemort wants me as a weapon and will probably do anything to get to me. I couldn't lie, I was pretty scared about it all.

I was in my dorm packing the last of my things, as today we would all be heading home for the summer. I was looking forward to it so badly, just wanting to spend quality time with my family and not have to worry about classes or tournaments. But I was going to miss all of my friends, especially Harry, I hated he had to go back to his wretched aunt and uncle. I planned on asking my parents if Hermione, Harry and Ron could come stay for a week or so over the summer, but I would wait until my mother got her time with all of us, she gets angry when we don't get enough family time with her.

I tossed my remaining sweaters into my trunk not even caring to fold them properly, and tossed my trunk onto the ground, it making a loud thud when it hit the ground. I sighed and sat back onto my neatly  made bed and played with my wand between my fingers. I looked around at my dorm room that I had spent the past year in, and realized I really wad going to miss this place when I went home. Even giving all the terrible things that happened to me this year, I still had plenty of things to smile about. I met some  amazing friends that I was incredibly close to, got my first boyfriend even if he was an ass who hurt me. But still after everything, it all just made me a stronger person.

"Ali, you ready?" I heard someone say near the doorway, I turned quickly around to see Hermione standing there with her own trunk at her feet. I smiled at her and nodded before grabbing my trunk and following her out of the door, shutting it quietly behind me. It seemed we were the last people in the entire dorm, the common room was empty, not even the fire was burning like it normally was. Realizing I was coming back and I eventually would come back and see all this again was what pushed me out of the common room and down the long staircases, until eventually we made it outside with everyone else...

I climbed into a carriage with Hermione, Ron, Harry and Neville, but instead of the carriage pulling itself like the beginning of the year I saw a creepy decrepit horse. It looked like death, had black bones and haunting yellow eyes. But even with the haunting look, it acted just like a normal horse would act, it breathed, and galloped down the trail pulling the five of us towards the Hogwarts Express. I looked over at Harry and I knew he was freaked out by what we were seeing. "What are they?" I asked the group, pointing my finger at the black bony horses. Hermione and Ron looked to me confused, while Neville was deep into reading a book about Herbology.

"There's nothing there Ali" Ron said popping a handful of Bertie Botts every flavored beans into his mouth. Hermione nodded, while Harry and I continuously stared over at the horses what nobody else could see, I looked back to Harry and I knew both of us had a feeling it had something to do with what happened earlier in the year. The carriage stopped a few minutes later and we all climbed out quickly, and all of us ended up together again in a compartment on the train, only Fred and George had joined us as well.

"I'm gonna miss you guys" I said several hours later into the ride when everyone had stopped chatting for a while. "Don't go getting all emotional on us" Fred said with a chuckle as he nudged me in the side, and George nudged the others. "Maybe you can come over to the burrow this summer" Ron said across the seat. Hermione nodded, and Harry smiled at me, Not a big smile like normal but I would settle for anything after what the two of us had been through.

"I don't think my mother will let me out of her sight, after everything that happened" I said looking slowly out the window only to see the train station coming up in the distance. I sighed knowing I was about to leave my friends for probably months if none of us could visit each other. "Looks like home is coming up" Hermione said shutting her book and placing it gently in her bag. We all waited until the train stopped before we all grabbed our bags and filed out slowly into the hallway and out the small door on the train. 

Warm air hit me immediately when I stepped onto the platform, I smiled enjoying the feel of summer that i missed. It wasn't hot like back in the states but it was enjoyable for England weather. Students ran off in different directions seeing their family members standing around waiting for them. I quickly hugged Neville who saw his grandmother waiting against the stone wall, and after his goodbye he scattered away. Hermione found her parents a few minutes later and hugged us all tightly, of course we all promised to write her as much as we could.

I would miss her, she along with Ginny were pretty much my only girl friends at school this year. It took a while to say goodbye to the Weasley's because I had to say goodbye to four of them, and I met their mother who was probably one of the nicest women I had ever met in my life. I would miss them terribly, they were my family away from home. All of them left shortly after saying goodbye to Harry and I, and they all ran back through the stone wall to the muggle world. 

Harry and i stood there awkwardly together as we looked around for our families. "If your aunt and uncle get too much, you can always run away to my house" I told him with a chuckle as I shifted the weight on my bag to my other shoulder. Harry smiled at me before nodding his head "I might have to do that" He told me. I stared into his bright green eyes before blushing and looking down at my worn out converse sneakers. I would miss Harry the most of all, his awkwardness and the way his smile could make me blush in any situation. But most of all I would miss his friendship, he was my best friend and after what we were put through together this year, we had a bond that other just wouldn't understand. 

I heard my name being called and turned to see my parents farther ahead on the platform, they already found my brother and sisters and my mother looked as if someone was about to steal her purse at any moment. I waved and held up a finger to let them know to give me a moment, my parents both smiled and waved to Harry who they already met before. "If you cant break out Ill come kidnap you, use my powers for some good" I said pulling Harry into a hug. I felt him chuckle against my shoulder and wrap his arms around my waist. "Ill miss you Ali" Harry said softly in my ear, and I was glad my blush was once again hidden in his unruly black hair.

I kissed his cheek quickly before turning around and running to my parents. My dad grabbed me first and tightly picked me off the ground in a tight hug. I laughed as my father spun me around before setting me down on the ground. It only had been about a month since seeing them since they were at school for the final task, but I still missed them all the same. My mother wrapped her arms around me and eventually pulled me into her side. 

When I looked to my brother and sisters they all had a scowl on their face. "What happened?" I asked them concerned, seeing my brother this angry. My brother just nodded his head at something beside my dad, and once I saw who it was my face matched the three of them. "Honey, I believe you remember Draco Malfoy, he will be staying with us this summer" My mother said. My jaw dropped looking up at her in shock and a bit of disgust for the boy who was using me for his father. 

"Hello Ali, nice to see you again" Draco said with a smirk, his fake politeness wanted me to punch him in the face. I glared at him and glared right back up at my parents for allowing this to happen, my carefree summer with my family, having fun and spending quality time together was going to be ruined with this stupid ferret staying in the same house with me.