Chapter Fifteen

School was back in full force after our long Christmas break, and I was grateful for the students return. The castle was lonely without  all the children bustling from class to class, but mostly I missed my family. I got letters everyday from my parents, and all my gifts were sent to me on Christmas morning, but it just wasn't the same as waking up at my home to run downstairs and join everyone around the tree. My mother always made huge breakfasts on Christmas morning, and we were all too full to move by noon.

I spent Christmas morning playing wizards chess with Harry and discussing ways to stay underwater for an hour, but neither of us were having any luck. We weren't exactly up to par with the rest of our competition, and I felt I got first place on the first task purely on luck. The second task was now a couple of weeks away, and we were still clueless as to what we were doing. 

Draco and I were getting closer, we had out first official "date" last week in Hogsmeade, which ended up just being awkward when Crabbe and Goyle joined halfway through. I still wasn't quite sure what we were, if we were just friends or were we dating, I knew I liked Draco a lot, and he was a sweetheart to me, but the fact that everyone in Gryffindor house was warning me to stay away from him, left me with some hesitation. We never had that chat where you decide if you wanted to be girlfriend and boyfriend, but we would flirt and hold hands from class to class, with the occasional peck when we didn't think anyone was looking.

I was currently in the great hall flipping through a book about the black lake for maybe the hundredth time in the past few weeks. I swear I was turning into Hermione with as many books as I found myself reading. I was just reading over a section on grindelows that I could have memorized at this point, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over and was surprised that Professor Moody was standing behind me. 

"Care for a chat Miss. Soloria?" He asked quickly, his eyes darting around the room. I just nodded and closed my book before placing it back into my school bag. 

I gave Hermione a small smile who was sitting beside me working on homework and followed Moody. I followed him out into the courtyard where the snow was still falling heavily, and I wished I had a coat as it was freezing out here. "It's cold, this wont be long." Moody said, and plopped down on the fountain that was frozen over. I just stood awkwardly rubbbing my freezing arms before Moody finally spoke again.

 "I assume you have figured out the second task Miss. Soloria?" Moody asked so quickly I almost didn't understand him.

I nodded "I just need to figure out how to stay underwater for an hour." I mumbled trying to keep my chattering teeth under control.

 Moody nodded and glanced up into the sky for a few minutes while I continued frozen in my spot, I contemplated jumping up and down for warmth  but went against it not wanting to seem rude in front of my very strange teacher. 

"Do to the water what you did to me on the first day of class." He mumbled before slowly standing up and walked back to the castle, leaving me to think over his cryptic message.

I didn't really do anything to him on the first day of class other than resist his imperio curse, and if there are things in the lake using unforgivable curses on us then we have more on our plates then we thought. I just sighed and followed behind Professor Moody who seemed to disappear the second he walked inside anyway.

"There you are!" i heard someone exclaim, and I turned to see Draco jogging in my direction. 

"Slow down tiger" I chuckled as he slowed down to catch his breath.

 "I've been looking for you for like an hour." He said in between deep breaths. I just led him over to a bench that was in the middle of the corridor for him to rest on.

 "Moody wanted to see me." I told him. He just nodded and appeared to finally catch his breath.

He just looked up at me and leaned in to give me a short kiss like he normally did when we saw each other. I just smiled at him and went back to rubbing my cold arms. "So this had been nice for a few weeks hasn't it?" He asked looking down at his shoes.

 I just  nodded and mumbled an agreement. 

"We haven't really determined what we want this to be though," He mumbled resting his foot across his leg, leaning  back against the concrete wall. 

I looked over to see him biting his lip awkwardly before looking in my direction. "Yeah, I know." I said wondering if this was where Draco wanted to have "The Talk".  Draco reached over and took my hand in his, rubbing circles gently over the top with his thumb.

 "My friends aren't too happy you're in Gryffindor, but anytime your name comes out of someones mouth that isn't me your brother  threatens to obliviate them." He said laughing and shaking his head. I laughed slightly picturing my brother threatening everyone in his own house. My brother quickly became very popular within Slytherin, and I know they wouldn't risk his wrath by talking about his little sister too much. 

"But the Slytherins can sod off, because I want you as my girlfriend." Draco said squeezing my hand firmly in his. I looked over to see his soft grey eyes pleading with mine and an expectant look across his face. "So...." he said looking to me for an answer. I thought about Harry and Ron and how angry at me they would be at me if I was official with their "arch enemy". Hermione would get over it and so would Ginny, and my sisters would only gush every chance they would get over their baby sisters first boyfriend.

"Ok." I said softly and looked back into his eager eyes. They lit up like a kid on Christmas before wrapping his arms tightly around me, and kissing me quick and sweet.

 "Ali?" Someone said beside us, I pulled away from Draco to see Harry standing there with his mouth wide open. He looked between the two of us and our enclosed hands, mouths only inches from each other. I began to wonder if I made the wrong choice in saying yes to Draco when the mixed look of hurt, betrayal and Jealousy crossed Harry's bright green eyes.