Chapter Forty-Nine

The Hogwarts express trucked on down the tracks as we finally were off for Christmas break, I was in desperate need of a vacation but knowing my luck Fred and George would probably dye my hair purple or something while I slept. Although purple might be a good look for me,maybe i could dye my hair again and my head could be in the witness protection program, but who am i kidding, Voldemort was probably already hiding in the bathroom at Kings Cross station waiting to kidnap me. 

The rain pattered on against the window as the lush  Scottish scenery passed me by, but a game of exploding snap between my brother and Ron had broke out on the floor of the compartment and tore my attention away. 

"Oi you're cheating!" Ron exclaimed throwing his pile of cards at Damian. Damian smirked before grabbing all the cards and making them rain above Ron's head. 

"Dont be jelly, Won Won!" Damian said, mocking Lavender's evil nickname for our ginger friend. Ron glared before stomping out of the compartment upon seeing the witch herself walk by the glass doors.

"He's gone mental," Harry exclaimed from beside me, before flipping the page in his potions book. He's been reading that book a lot lately come to think of it. 

"So Ali, I talked to Mom." Damian said before taking the seat across from me beside Ginny. My eyes snapped up and my eyebrows creased in curiosity. 

"Oh?" I said softly. Damian and I hadn't really discussed our parents a whole lot, although I was dying to see them. The twins and I owled on the regular but not about anything of importance. And all three of my siblings agreed that something was going on between our parents. 

My father had buried himself in work, rarely ever home. And my Mother had buried herself in bottles of wine, so much so that my sisters had to leave their  new apartment with Fred and George to take care of her. I felt terrible, but I couldn't leave school to go home, and Damian told me a few weeks ago that our parents were heading back to America for Christmas so I didn't bother going home. Damian had also been invited to the burrow oddly enough. 

"They changed their plans, last minute. Dad is heading to Dublin for business, so Mom will be spending Christmas with us and the twins at the burrow." 

I tried hard to smile, I was dying to see my Mother. She was my Mother, and I will always need her. But I feel like seeing her will make it so much harder for me to do what I need to do, especially knowing I was probably at the root of her issues now. I hadn't spoken to her in months, and I haven't seen her in over a year -- who knows what she will have to say to me now?

~

I hadn't yet been to the burrow, when I met the Weasley's they were all at Grimmauld Place meeting with the Order. But gosh was it magnificent. There were too many of us to travel by car, so we all used the Floo Network out of the station. And tumbling out of the fireplace into the Weasley living room, I immediately felt at home. 

Harry and Ginny plopped out next, followed by my brother. 

"Oh Ali! Harry! So good to see you!" Mrs. Weasley cried out as she wandered around the corner to give the pair of us hugs before even hugging her own children. 

"Hello Mrs. Weasley, Oh and this is my brother Damian. I think you met briefly during the tournament two years ago." I said hugging her back before motioning to my brother who was swiping soot of his jacket. 

"Of course, so good to see you again Damian." Mrs. Weasley said giving my brother a hug as well.

"You look fantastic, Mrs. Weasley. You don't look a day over twenty-five." Damian said giving her a wink that made me roll my eyes. I swear Damian could make a duck swoon. 

"Oh dear, just for that you get an extra apple tart!" She said ushering him into the kitchen, Ginny and Harry both chuckling behind me. Ron then finally came tumbling out of the fireplace, with bright red lipstick smeared across his lips and cheeks. 

"Shut up, just shut up!" He howled before stomping his way up the large staircase. Ginny, Harry and I burst into hysterics. 

"What's all this ruckus about?" 

"Looks like little Ron has gone and embarrassed himself."

"Again!" Fred and George called out together as the two of them jumped off the final landing of the stairs. 

"Theres my favorite set of twins!" I cried out as the two of them tackled me in a sandwich hug.

"Hey we heard that!" I heard, and peeked around Fred's large frame to see my gorgeous sisters standing with arms crossed at the bottom of the staircase. I shoved passed the boys before leaping into Andi's arms, and wrapping an arm around Aurora's neck. An awkward position that had the three of us crashing backwards onto the couch. 

"Easy ladies,"

"Save some for us!" The boys called over, earning a pillow shoved to their head. 

"You're gross." I mumbled before curling into Aurora's side, Andi stroking my hair like she normally did. 

"We missed you so much," Said Andi. 

"This has been the first time in four years we haven't been at school together. We don't know what to do with ourselves!" Aurora said dramatically. 

"You three get together and turn into a bunch of girls," Damian said walking around the corner with two apple pastries in his hands. He took the seat next to Harry on the Love seat while I continued to snuggle between my sisters.

"We are girls." Andi stated the obvious, before taking the drink Fred was offering her. 

"Oh Harry, did Damian already give you the if you hurt our sister we'll kill you speech?" Aurora asked. Harry looked over and his look changed from amusement to worry.

"Yeah, Damian gave me the speech. About twelve times actually." Harry said scratching the back  of his neck. His eyes wandered from my sisters to mine and pleaded with me to say anything else. I felt bad how often Damian was up Harry's butt about our relationship, and I guess you can blame Draco for that. Our tumultuous relationship in fourth year but a sour taste in my siblings mouths about me dating. 

"So how is the shop?" I asked changing the subject. 

"Which one?" both sets of twins asked simultaneously.

"Blimey, don't even do that again." Ginny exclaimed in horror. 

"Both." I answered. 

Fred and George went on a long rant about how the death eaters were taking business away, but  were steady with their income over the summer break and were hoping for a success since Christmas was around the corner. I hadn't been to Diagon Alley since last year, so I have no idea what's standing there anymore. 

And my sisters had coincidentally opened a clothing boutique right next door, and for first time business owners they were making a killing. They sold the hottest items in the wizarding and muggle world, and even sold a few items of their own design. Both sets of twins even came up with the genius idea to give out coupons for the other shop with each purchase. The four of them were on their way to building an empire and I could sense a double wedding in the near future. 

"Witch Weekly is writing an article about us, it's coming out next month!" Andi said with excitement. And I smiled as my sisters were actually achieving their dreams. I wasn't even sure I had a future anymore, let alone what would actually happen in it. But before I could wallow in self pity anymore, a voice called out from the front door. 

"Hello! Anyone here?" 

I know that voice anywhere......My mother.