Chapter Eighteen

"Ms. Soloria, Please come with me." I heard someone say behind me, I turned to see a very confused looking Professor Mcgongall. Draco was being helped down from the Slytherin table he had been thrown onto, and he was moaning in pain. I was still standing in shock, by the entrance to the great hall,  everyone's eyes completely on me. I was uncomfortable under the gazes of the curious students, and was happy to turn around and follow my head mistress.

 "Yes ma'am." I said and quickly and quietly followed her up the grand stair case. 

We walked in complete silence until we came upon a statue of a giant eagle. "Sherbert Lemon." Mcgonagall said and the statue soon transformed itself into a spiral staircase. "Dumbledore's waiting for you Ms. Soloria." Mcgonogall said motioning for me to walk up the staircase. I nodded to her once before ascending up the stairs. 

"Ah, Alisanna my dear." Dumbledore said when I entered his room slowly. I jumped slightly as Dumbledore was nowhere to be seen, and yet he was clearly speaking to me.

 "Um Professor?" I asked softly, looking around for my older grey haired headmaster.

 "Right here my dear." he said walking around a corner of a rather tall bookshelf. I gave him a small nervous smile before sitting down in front of his desk like he gestured me to. "I know you must be very confused as to what is happening with you." Dumbledore said leaning against his large wooden desk.

"Confused would be an understatement." I laughed anxiously , picking at my fingernails like I did when I was nervous. Dumbledore just smiled before continuing on.

 "Now, while all witches are special I think you may have something a little more exceptional to you." He said, doing nothing but leaving me even more confused.

 "I would like to try out some tests with you, but from everything I have seen with the tournament and what Professor Moody has told me, I think you may have a very rare mind control ability." Dumbledore said, his smile growing larger.

My eyebrows knitted together in confusion when he said this, I still had no idea what he was talking about. I was no special witch, I was just Alisanna. Someone who had been entered into a dangerous tournament by chance, just a normal teenage girl who loved Quidditch and had a secret crush on my best friend, surely there was nothing extraordinary about me, right? 

"Mind control?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Dumbledore just nodded.

 "I know strange things have been happening to you Ms.Soloria, like the thing with Moody on the first day, and Mr.Malfoy just now in the great hall." He said with a tilt of his head.

"Yes sir." I mumbled, looking down at my very short fingernails as the stress of everything lately has made me chew them off several times.

 "I would like you to work with Moody tonight and see just what we are working with, are you ok with that?" He asked with a happy grin. I thought for a moment about what I would be doing with Moody, my strange professor who had a small anger problem. The one who eyed me and Harry a little too long, who gave me knots in my stomach in the worst way. 

 "That's fine." I mumbled still staring down at my fingers. 

"This is nothing bad Ali, It's really a wonderful thing, now Professor Moody will be waiting in his office for you at five PM." He said walking past me to open the staircase to his office.

~

The rest of the day was just as I expected, students giving me confused and worried glances about what happened this morning, and all I could think about was the lesson I would be having with Moody that night. The day dragged on slowly, but eventually I was standing outside of Moody's classroom waiting to go inside.