Chapter Thirty-One

"Miss. Soloria, can you please explain what happened?" Dumbledore asked me. I was curled up in a chair in front of his desk, my arms secured around my legs as I pulled them to my chest. I was practically shaking after what had just happened, I still couldn't get the image of that snake out of my head, and the feeling of fear deep in the pit of my stomach was worse. 

"I wish I could professor. I honestly have no idea" I whispered. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked to my left to see Mr. Weasley was standing beside me. "I know she saved me from that snake, and for that I thank you Ali" he said giving me a tiny smile. I wish I could return it, I wish I could feel really anything right now but all I felt was numb. This incident was terrifying for me. 

"Dumbledore, do you care to explain why the hell my daughter is in the center of everything this year! We have not been in this country six months and already she's been in more danger than needed!" My father's voice was loud and furious as he slammed his hands down on Dumbledore's desk. Dumbledore didn't even flinch. 

I wish I could end this, but for whatever reason I could not fathom I was given these unfortunate yet spectacular powers, so much so the Dark Lord is after me. If I told my father what the snake told me, about my loved ones being put in danger if i didn't join them, he would be pillaging every home in the UK to find Voldemort. It is a lose lose situation. 

"Daddy stop" I said quietly. My father turned his head towards me before bending down in front of my seat. "Baby girl, what happened out there" He asked as he placed his hands on either side of my face. I couldn't control the sob that left my mouth at the thought of losing my father, especially if it was my fault. "I don't know dad, I just got a major headache and was suddenly in the ministry. A snake was there and tried attacking Mr. Weasley, but I made it stop and then it disappeared" I told my father, making sure to leave out the part where the snake asked me to join them.

My father sighed and kissed my forehead before pulling me out of my chair. "Go pack your stuff Ali, I'm bringing you home early" he told me, giving me that look that said there were no arguments. My father was beyond pissed right now, I knew better than to argue with him. So I nodded my head and headed out to the grand staircase to head back to my dorm.

The common room was of course full of students wanting to know what happened with me, I tried my best to smile but it came off as more of a grimace and i eventually pushed passed them all and sprinted up to my dorm. I groaned and slammed the door behind me before falling face down onto my bed. "Ali? Are you okay?" I heard Hermione's reluctant voice ask behind me. 

I turned over to my back and shrugged my shoulders, well as best as I could seeing i was laying down. "Just tired. I know I asked you to come on vacation with me, but given everything that's going on I think It's best if you don't. My dad's furious and he's taking me home early with him" I said sitting up on my bed, still feeling a slight headache from earlier. 

"That's fine. He isn't mad at you is he?" She asked, sitting down beside me on my unmade bed. I shook my head. "No, He's just man in general. Can you blame him? I've been through quite a bit since coming here" i said looking down at my fingers. I literally had zero fingernails now, in the time span of two hours I bit them all of, that is how much this has affected me. 

"I know you have, well owl me wherever you are Ali! I'll miss you!" Hermione said pulling me into a hug, my arms immediately going around her waist tightly. "I'll miss you too" I mumbled into her bushy hair before grabbing my bag that was already packed and walking out of the dorm. The common room was still packed full of people, just less so by the time I walked back down the staircase. 

"You're leaving then?" I head Ron's unmistakable voice ask from the corner of the room. Him and Harry were sitting off to the side, Neville, Ginny and Seamus standing not too far away from them. I nodded my head and slowly walked through the crowds of first years over to them. "My dad's taking me home for vacation early, he's fuming about everything that's happening" I told them.

Ginny's arms were suddenly around my neck quicker than I could have reacted, and we both toppled down to the ground taking a couple of innocent bystanders down with us. "What the frickety frack was that?!" I cried out under the small girls weight. Ginny was small, but she was stronger than most girls her age and I didn't want to be on the receiving end of one of her "Reducto" spells. 

"Thank you for saving my dad, Ali" She said in my ear, before Harry and Ron both bent down and helped us off of the ground. "It was nothing really" I shrugged "I was sort of forced into it anyway"

Harry frowned and let go of Ginny's hand before moving over to me. "Are you okay?" He asked me quietly. I never really had the chance to talk with him after everything that happened, I was sort of ambushed and shoved out of the common room the second I woke up. But Harry was better at strange things happening to him than anyone really. 

"No, not really" i answered. "I just wish I knew why this was happening to me" 

"Join the club, I've been doing this wondering game since I was a kid" He said, letting out a nervous chuckle. I smiled lightly at him and suddenly remembered the huge pink elephant that was him and Cho. I hated that I saw that, things could have just been easy and normal had I never saw the pair of them in the room of requirement that day. I wouldn't be feeling awkward in front of my best friend, and I wouldn't be contemplating cutting ties with him.

It was painful, knowing I had these strong feelings for him and they weren't being reciprocated on his end. Was there something wrong with me? Why couldn't he just see me the way I see him? Things were just complicated so badly right now and I needed desperately to get away from all of this. 

I told all my friends goodbye, saving Harry for last. "Bye Harry" I said pecking him quickly on the cheek. But I wasn't just saying goodbye to him because I was about to leave for vacation, I needed to say goodbye to him because I knew deep down I wasn't going to be around him much longer when I came back. It would be the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I needed to do it for me, I needed to do it not only for my sanity but for my heart as well. 

A girl's heart is her fortress, but even the toughest stone has it's weak points....and sadly Harry was mine.