Chapter Eleven

My dragon was mystifying, and I loved the feeling of flying around Hogwarts grounds on it's back. It took me on a crazy ride around the black lake, the tall towers, even above the forbidden forest. I was actually dreading the moment the beautiful green dragon landed on it's feet. But that moment was coming rather quickly as I saw it descending from the clouds towards the quidditch field. I could heard the crowd roaring as I came into view, and my dragon screeched and slowly flapped its wings before landing back in the center of the pitch.

I jumped off it's back quickly, and let it nuzzle into my side. I laughed as it stuck its tongue out and tickled my hand. It was like for a few moments I had this amazing dragon as my own, like my own pet. I had always wanted a pet other than my owl, but my mother always said that Olive was enough for me. I saw the tournament officials running towards me and the dragon, but the dragon wouldn't let them near me and shot bursts of fire towards them. They shot out protective spells and ducked behind some rocks. 

I could still hear the crowds cheering as I stood in the center of the field with the golden egg in my hand.  I heard the announcer yell my name over the intercom, making the crowd yell even louder. I pet the dragon one final time before the officials took him away, but not before he gave off a struggle and tried to get back to me. I had no clue what was going on with me and this dragon, but I had a feeling I would find out soon enough.

Once the dragon was out of sight, Dumbledore, Snape, and the other teachers came rushing towards me, my entire family hot on their tails. My mother ended up pushing past the long bearded headmaster and got to me before anyone else. She enveloped me in a suffocating hug, kissing the side of my head over and over again.

 "Mom, stop." I chuckled, as her kisses started to dampen my hair. My father pulled her off of me before taking me in a hug of his own. 

"That's my champ." he laughed, ruffling my hair. I wrapped one arm around my fathers waist and waited for the teachers to speak. 

"Care to explain Ms. Soloria?" Dumbledore asked calmly, standing bewildered beside five other teachers who had equal looks of confusion. 

"What do you mean Albus?" My father asked, squeezing my side. 

"I don't believe Alisanna has mastered wandless magic yet, am I correct?" Snape asked, his voice droning on slowly.  They then looked to me expectantly, of course I hadn't mastered wand less magic, I'm fourteen, the last time I tried wandless magic I turned my sisters shoes into rats, it wasn't pretty. Comical, but ugly. 

"No sir." I said softly. 

"Severus, inspect her wand for illegal spells. Minerva ask the dragon wranglers to inspect the dragon for foul play." Professor Dumbledore said to Snape and Mcgonagall who were on either side of him. Mcgongall quickly entered the tent, while Snape snatched my wand out of my fingers. 

"Hey, you have no right to do that!" My father growled, letting go of my waist,  trying to get my wand back from him. 

"Your daughter is being investigated for cheating." Snape said, a slight smirk on his face. 

"I will have your job, if you invade my daughters personal space one more time." My father sneered at my potions teacher. 

Snape ignored my fathers words and turned on his heel and went inside the tent. "I didn't cheat, I promise. I honestly don't know what happened out there." I said shaking my head, still confused myself as to what happened with this competition. 

"I believe you dear, but we need to be certain." Dumbledore said nodding and following his staff into the tent with the other teachers and champions. 

"I don't know what happened Dad. I remember hoping the dragon wouldn't burn me alive and the next I'm flying in the air." I told my parents who were standing in front of me.

 "It's ok sweetheart, we will figure this out." My mother said, and I could only hope she was right.

~

After hanging out with my family for a while, my siblings completely in awe at the fact their baby sister rode a full grown dragon, Dumbledore pulled the rest of the champions out and told us it was time for results. My family went back to the stands and Harry, Cedric, Fleur and Viktor all joined me out in the center of the stadium. 

"After careful inspection of the dragons and wands used in the first task. We would love to announce that Alisanna Soloria will take FIRST PLACE!" He shouted, making the crowd cheer loudly. I could hear just my brother alone going crazy in his seat, Draco clapped politely in the seat beside him and laughed at his friend. I smiled and waved to the crowd, completely uncomfortable with all of this attention. Harry looked over at me and smiled, making me blush and look away to Cedric who smiled at me as well.

"Viktor Krum will take SECOND PLACE!" The Durmstrang students went wild.

"Followed by Harry Potter in THIRD PLACE" I saw the waves of maroon and gold scream loudly, along with polite clapping from my family.

"Cedric Diggory will fall into FOURTH PLACE!" 

"And finally Fleur Delacore in FOURTH PLACE" Dumbledore said, and waited for the applause to die down before speaking again. "The second task will take place February fourth at ten o'clock in the morning. Everyone enjoy your weekend!" He announced and stepped down from the podium.

 "Great job Ali!" Cedric said, giving me a hug and kiss on the cheek, making my cheeks darken.

"Yeah you were great Ali." Harry said smiling beside Cedric, my cheeks once again darkened to the color of the maroon on our robes. Fleur didn't say anything and left to be with her Beauxbatons classmates. Viktor nodded his head before following along behind his headmaster. 

The students of Hogwarts dispersed back to the castle and Harry and I made idle chit chat until about halfway to the school we were both bombarded by Gryffindors. "You two were bloody brilliant!" Seamus said, wiping some of his face paint from his cheek.

 "Yeah you rocked!" a gryffindor girl I had never seen before told me. Ginny  ran past me squealing as her older brothers were chasing her with flags. I laughed and turned towards Hermione and Ron who appeared on Harry's other side.

"Hey Mione, Ron" I said slowing down to walk at their slower pace. "I know you two must be bonkers to put your own names in the goblet of fire." Ron said, causing the three of us to stop, almost making Dean Thomas who was walking behind us trip to the ground. 

"Duh!" Me and Harry said together, causing us both to fall into fits of laughter on the ground. 

"I'm sorry guys." Ron said. Harry and I smiled at him, Ron then slung an arm over both of our shoulders since he was much taller. 

"Glad you all made up, I was tired of being an owl." Hermione said crossing her arms across her chest. I laughed and nudged her with my hip making her smile at me. 

"Hiya Harry." a soft voice said as they passed us by, I looked to see Cho Chang, a fourth year ravenclaw with long black hair smile at Harry. Harry tried to respond and ended up sputtering over his words, I saw him blush and hide his face from her, which just caused me to glare at the pretty ravenclaw. Hermione gave me a knowing look and squeezed my hand. 

I pulled out of Ron's arm that was still slung around my shoulders and started heading back to the castle. "See you guys at the common room!' I shouted to the three of them. I honestly just didn't feel like being around Harry, knowing he was probably only thinking about the black haired girl who had smiled at him only moments before.