Chapter Sixty-Four

I didn't know why I expected a warmer greeting upon arriving at Romania's dragon sanctuary. Draco and I were two known death eaters, and Romania was one area in Europe Voldemort hadn't be able to infiltrate. Draco and I currently stared at the ends of dozens of wands, with sneers the lips of their owners. 

"No need for hostility, we come in peace." I said, trying to defuse the situation. 

"We should turn them over."  Grumbled a man with a heavy European accent. 

"To who?" Draco snorted, "The ministry is under the control of You-know-who, and anyone on the other side is in hiding." 

"I have a Hungarian Horntail with your name on it!" The man growled at Draco, his wand coming so close it almost grazed his nose. 

"And there's a peruvian viper tooth with mine on it." I replied, stepping between them. "She's been quite the handful hasn't she?" 

The men all looked to one another in resistance, knowing I was telling the truth. They knew who I was, everyone unfortunately knew who I was these days, which means they also know the rowdy dragon they couldn't contain somehow belonged to me. I couldn't explain why the dragon took to me at the tournament, and apparently nobody else could either. 

"Let them in." A familiar voice called out from behind them. The men scattered leaving the soot covered face of Charlie Weasley standing behind them. He wiped his dirty face on a cloth hanging out of his plaid over-shirt, and ran his fingers through his bright red hair. I hadn't seen him since the tournament, he looked about the same – just a few added scars. 

"Weasley," Draco grumbled. Charlie glared at him before turning his attention to me. 

"I thought you would have come sooner." He responded, motioning for the other dragon keepers to leave us. 

"Yeah well, I got tied up." I shrugged. "But I really need her." 

"She's yours. She's been yours since the tournament." Charlie tells me, running his hands once more through his bright red hair. "Not a bloody clue why, I've never seen anything like it before." 

"If I had more time I could explain, Time is unfortunately not on my side. I need to get back to Harry." 

Charlie looks contemplative for a moment before saying, "He's at Hogwarts. Potterwatch confirmed it just earlier, we're all getting ready to fight." 

I turn to Draco to find him already looking at me. "You sure you're up for this? You might have to face your parents." I ask. 

Draco clenched his jaw, something he has done a lot of lately, and nods his head. "I'm done being the coward. The little boy who runs to his father for everything. I want to be on the right side of this fight, no matter the outcome." 

I swallowed hard, reaching forward and grabbing his hands in mine. "You've never been a coward, Draco. I've watched you give all of yourself these last few years, with nothing in return. After this war, it's time you get some of it back. It's time for you to be happy, Draco." 

I couldn't say "Us." I couldn't even being to contemplate being happy, because I couldn't see myself making it out alive. And I'm okay with that. I'd see my parents again, and know I did everything in my power to save those who are left. Because this fight is here, and there's no turning back now. 

Charlie coughed awkwardly, glancing at the dragon keepers who were taking to the skies. Some on dragons, some on broomsticks. "We should go, it's a bit if a ride if you aren't apperating." 

Charlie led us to a large cage in the back, housing the large black dragon, with green scales. She's grown an insane amount in the last three years, and her roars stopped the moment she saw me. I didn't know what she was thinking, all I knew was she was mine. Charlie opened the cage, and she instantly nuzzled into my side. 

"We need to get going, I'll stick around so you can follow me." Said Charlie,  walking to a cage further down and releasing a smaller green dragon. A Welsh Green I'd assume. 

I climbed onto her back, and let Draco slide on behind me. "Are you ready for this?" I called over my shoulder.

"No." He replied, "But I never will be." 

'Take me to Harry.' I thought. The dragon took to the skies and I knew she would do just that.