Chapter Six

My old school in Texas is nothing compared to Hogwarts. Hogwarts was an actual castle and very ancient, not to mention huge! The American Academy for Wizardry housed only about four hundred students and was probably the size of one wing at Hogwarts. We had four quidditch teams like Hogwarts, but it was essentially determined by which part of the school your dorm room resided in.

 Luckily for me, Damian and I were one floor above each other and were on the same team for three years. I don't know what it is going to be like when we have to play against each other next year. There was something about Hogwarts that makes me feel at home. I loved everyone in Gryffindor and we became fast friends immediately. We had stayed up all night last night in the common room talking about quidditch and my life in America. My old school was a lot more modern than here, but I thoroughly was enjoying the old portraits that talked and the ghosts that dated back before even my ancestors were born.

I smiled at Harry who took the seat next to me at the dinner table, while Hermione and Ron sat across from us. I glanced up at the Slytherin table to see Damian and Draco goofing off about something, and when they noticed me looking they both gave me a goofy grin. I rolled my eyes at my brother and his newly found friendship before digging into the food that appeared in front of us.

Tonight was the night that the other schools were going to be showing up for the tri-wizard tournament and I really wasn't too thrilled. I just learned a heap of new peoples names, I didn't really want to add two more schools to that list.

 "We are going to concoct an age potion to get into the tournament." I heard George say from Ron's other side.

 "Yeah that age rule is no fair" Fred added.

 " I bet you ten galleons something goes wrong with that plan of yours." I smirked as I leaned into my elbow.

"Are you making a bet Ali?" Fred asked as he leaned closer into the table to look at me closer. 

"Oh most definitely," I said with a mischievous grin.

 The twins glanced at each other before both holding out their hands for me to shake. I laughed lightly before placing both of my hands in theirs and making a deal. "Prepare to lose my darling gingers." I said swiping some hair back over my shoulder and winking at the two of them.

The twins laughed and kicked my leg under the table before Dumbledores booming voice called out to the room. "Attention!" Dumbledore said and we all turned our attention to the front of the room. "Our competing schools are here!" He called out holding his hands in the air.

 "Welcome the students from Beauxbatons!"

The double doors were shoved open and around a dozen young women in matching blue outfits sauntered into the great hall. Hermione and I laughed as we witnessed our male counterparts turn to drooling dogs at the mere sight of some pretty girls. 

"Bloody hell." Ron whispered as a couple of girls blew kisses in our direction. I could see that Harry and Ron were both as red as a tomato and I laughed and elbowed Harry in the ribs, bringing his attention back to Dumbledore. 

"And our students from Durmstrang!" Dumbledore yelled as the girls had made their way up to stand at the front of the great hall. A large group of young men started swaggering into the room with giant staffs in each of their hands, and every so often they would slam them onto the ground creating a spark. I had to admit all of them were extremely attractive with large muscles and each of them were very tall.

I almost fell off  my bench though as I saw who the last guy was that entered the room, none other than Viktor Krum himself. 

"Blimey, That's Vicktor Krum!" Ron exclaimed with his mouth wide open. I saw Damian had the same expression as I did and when our eyes met we both shook our heads in disbelief that our favorite seeker was actually in the same room as us.