Chapter One

A/N: I must preface saying that I began writing this story a long time ago, so the early chapters are not the best. Remember my main character is 14 in the beginning and is such an awkward teenage girl navigating life. I promise she does not trip and stutter for very long haha! Enjoy :-)

The weather in England is so much different from what I'm used to. It is cold here all the time, and I haven't seen the sun the entire time I have been here. I grew up in the United States— in California specifically. A place where the sun radiates constantly on your face, and you always feel its warmth. I would always spend my summers laying on the beach and getting my sun kissed glow, while dipping my feet in the pacific ocean.

 But during the school year, I was in Texas — A place that is even hotter, and never rains. You can tell by looking at my family that we lived where the sun always shined.

When my father told me he was moving us to England it definitely came as a shock. My father was essentially the American deputy minister for magic. He would take over the job for the actual minister on several occasions and had to do plenty of top secret jobs. That is why we never asked too many questions when he got the assignment as the British deputy minister of magic.

Since my father makes the money that he does, we now were living in a private wizarding community right outside of London, called Hatsfield. It is very similar to the home we lived in, in the states—minus the sun and the beach. I actually didn't mind the weather here so far, it was different but I liked it. It rained a total of six days the entire school year, so feeling the soft droplets of rain on my face was a happy change.

In the two months we have been here I have automatically taken a liking to the bench swing on our wrap around porch. Every morning so far I would grab a warm cup of coffee and my blanket and enjoy a moment of solitude while re-reading some of my favorite books. Taming of the shrew being the current one in my lap. Having three older siblings, it was hard to find a moment of peace where we weren't messing with each other.

"Alisanna! Dinner's ready sweetheart!" My mother called out as she popped her blond head out of the front door.

 Everyone thought my mother was a Veela by how beautiful she was, she had long platinum blond hair and bright blue eyes. Being my Mother, she always knew where she could find me. It was either here or the Quiditch pitch out back.  

"Coming, Mom!" I responded and slid my bookmark inside my book before hopping off of the swing. My siblings have taken no interest in being out here, but for me it was a little piece of paradise. 

I smiled when I walked into our large dining room and took in my family. My sister's Aurora and Andriana were fraternal twins and were probably two of the girliest people you would ever meet. They were sixteen and two years older than me. They favored my mother in every way, with their bright blue eyes and shining blond hair. They were both tall and had very long legs. They were different than me, of course as most siblings are. I was more into Quiditch and often had more friends that were guys than girls—I think the quiditch connection helped. And yet somehow the three of us got along well enough. They were both currently gawking at a pair of shoes in a fashion magazine they had open on the table.

My brother Damian was fifteen and the middle child, he looked exactly like my father. They both had dark brown hair and almost black eyes with slightly tanner skin, probably from our inherited Greek genes. He was pretty much my best friend, we played and watched Quiditch constantly, and overall just enjoyed each others company the best. We both were very laid back and loved to enjoy the simple things in life. I laughed as he was trying to balance a spoon on the end of his nose while balancing on the hind legs of his chair.