Chapter Thirty

I miss California, I miss the warmth that state always brought every day of the year. It's freezing here, literally every second of the day I find myself shivering. No matter how many blankets I add to my bed, I still find myself turning into an Ali icicle. It's even colder as the months went on and it was now December and Christmas was sneaking up on me quickly. Umbridge banned Hogsmeade trips so I'm forced to find whatever random junk I can to give my family and friends this year. I hope my brother likes old treacle tart, I'm sure I can scrape off the mold.

The one thing keeping me sane with this monster of a teacher running our school, was Dumbledores Army.  Every few days the group of us would meet in the room of requirement, and Harry and I would teach them defensive spells. They were all catching on quite quickly actually which was nice, and I had to get used to using my wand again which was odd. I had grown accustomed to using my powers when I needed magic that holding the stick in my hands felt foreign to me.

And on top of everything, Umbridge banned quidditch! I played in one game this year (We won of course) And then she decided to ban something else from the school, what a for lack of a better word, bitch. 

"That's all great guys!" I called over to Fred, George and my sisters who were all disarming each other. Although I'm sure they would rather be disarming each other with their lips instead. I gagged at the image I was constantly seeing with the four of them. I swear it was like watching Animal Planet, I don't recommend it to anyone. My father would have a field day if he knew what those two were up to, but they were of legal age now and could technically do whatever they wanted.

This would be our last lesson before Christmas break, so I was trying to instill as much lesson as I could today. Harry was beside me eyeing Cho across the room, and I really just wanted to smack him across the head and shout to him that someone who cared for him was standing right beside him, but I never did. Harry and I would probably never happen, and whenever a boy would catch my eye around school I would just compare them to Harry. Sadly none of them lived up to my awkward raven haired best friend. It doesn't help Harry is probably the only boy in school who isn't terrified I would kill them, well there's Ron too, but hes like my brother and I don't want to cross that border.

"Where are you going for break Harry?" I asked as we stood at the front of the room watching everyone else practise their spells. "Back with Sirius" He said with a smile. I nodded my head knowing he was excited to see his Godfather again. "Well, tell him I say hello. My mother has us doing some traveling back in the states"

"I will, don't get into too much trouble" Harry said nudging my shoulder with his. Why does he do things like that? He clearly only likes me as a friend, so why torture me with these actions Harry?! I swear I turned beet red every time the boy touched me, accidental or not. "Yeah" was all I could manage out before walking over to Hermione. 

"What are you doing over break Mione?" I asked her as she conjured a spell towards Parvati Patil. She pulled her wand down before turning her attention to me. "Nothing much, probably catching up on the school books for next year" of course you are Hermione, she probably knows more than my sisters combined, and they're in seventh year. Although Andi and Aurora weren't the smartest wands in the shop, I love them dearly so it's okay for me to say that.

"Why don't you come on vacation with me and my family? The twins will probably be owling Fred and George the whole time, and I really don't want to watch my brother try and pick up muggles the whole time" I said pretending to gag, Damian was across the room flirting with Luna once again. It was hilarious watching the two of them interact with each other actually. 

"Sounds like fun, you sure your parents wont mind?" She asked. I shook my head "No way, my mother obsesses over our friends, she'll probably want to adopt you by the end of the trip" I said smiling thinking about my mother I hadn't seen since the beginning of the school year. Hermione laughed "Well I'll owl my parents tonight asking permission, where exactly are you going?"