Chapter Twenty-Three

I rolled over in my bed and winced at the blinding light pouring in through my window. I was not a happy camper this morning, just like all the days before. Draco had been here for the past week, and none of us were exactly happy about it. He was acting polite and cordial around my parents, and then when it was just all us kids, he would turn into that ferret we all knew so well. Only being away from school for a week I was missing it like crazy. Sure I wasn't missing homework and studying, but I was missing my friends terribly.

I rolled over in my bed and grabbed some paper and a pen to write a couple letters to them.

Hermione,

I miss you! I hope your summer is going great! You'll never believe who we have staying in my house right now. Draco freaking Malfoy..I'm hating life right now! He's being a complete ferret like normal, but my brother has put him in his place plenty of times already. I just hope his parents come home early and we don't have to put up with him anymore! Maybe we can meet up with Harry and Ron one day? I miss everyone!

Love you Mione!,

Ali.

Ronnikins!,

Ronald Weasley! I miss you! Can your parents adopt me?? Malfoy is staying in my freaking house and I need to run away! Please tell me I can come stay with yall! Ill even bring my sisters, since they wont shut up about Gred and Forge, I cant believe my twins and your twins are dating haha. But seriously please come rescue me like you rescued Harry those years ago...pleaaaasseeee! I'll love you forever!

Ali.

Harry,

So It's probably a long shot since your aunt and uncle are super crazy and treat you like a dog, but I miss you terribly and I want to see you! Do you think you can sneak away? I don't live far from Surrey, I can take a train to see you! I really miss you Harry, and something is telling me something bad is about to happen. After everything that happened with Voldemort a few months ago, I feel like someone is always watching me. And now Malfoy is staying with my family and I feel even worse. I need you Harry, Please write me back.

Ali.

"Ali, Breakfast!" I heard my mother call from the top of the staircase, since I left my door open last night. "Ok mom!" I shouted back at her and rolled out of bed with my letters in my hand. I sent Harry's letter off first with Olive, and would have to mail the others when she got back seeing as the three of them lived in different directions. Hermione lived in the western part of London, while we lived in the east. Harry was about thirty minutes away in Surrey, and Ron almost lived in Scotland by how far north he lived. Olive hooted at me before flying off into the sky.

I quickly changed out of my pajamas and into some denim shorts and a Gryffindor tank top, before shutting my bedroom door and heading downstairs. "Hey daddy" I said passing my father's office. He was sifting through some papers in his desk, while a large book was levitating by his head. He looked up at me and smiled brightly. "Hey champ, anything planned for the day?" He asked, sending the book back onto his large bookshelf that lined the wall. I shook my head and crossed my hands across my chest, leaning against the door frame.

"I'm sure you guys will find something, I unfortunately am off to work" He said grabbing his briefcase and walking over to me. "Your'e always working" I said giving him a sad smile. Ever since my father got this job, and everything that happened this past year he had been working a lot more than normal. "I know baby, but sadly I don't think it's going to slow down for a while" He told me before kissing my forehead and walking past me. I sighed and closed his office door, not wanting Draco to wander in here.