Chapter Thirty-Two

My vacation came and went, much sooner than I would have liked. I didn't have the fun I truly wanted to have. I kept thinking about Voldemort's message to me before I left. My family I could tell knew something was wrong with me, they just never said anything. 

In California, I sat on a towel in the sand reading a book. I normally would have been playing football with my dad and brother, and playing in the water. I was too busy looking for new spells to use to protect them. In Texas I didn't even bother to go out and see any of my old friends who were still at school, I buried myself in the school's library doing the same thing. And in New York I just cooped myself up in the hotel room, only coming out to eat in the hotel lobby once a day. 

Needless to say, I didn't have a very fun time. Damian begged me to come out with him on the last day of vacation, he knew something was wrong with me. But they all knew I had been through a lot at Hogwarts, and didn't want to push me. When we got back to England, it wasn't but a day and I was back on the train to Hogwarts. 

Students would be running past exuberantly to talk about their vacations, I however just buried myself in an empty compartment with a book. I was trying to memorize any spell that I could, anything I could use to protect my family and friends. I knew my powers were strong, a lot stronger than any death eater that was out there. But that didn't mean i didn't want to be prepared. 

When the train docked in Hogsmeade, I clung my jacket tightly around me and silently walked through the crowds of people. I pulled a hood over my head and hung my head low, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. 

But it was of course impossible to ignore people for too long, because all of my friends were in the common room when I walked in. "Ali! How was your vacation?" Hermione asked as she rounded the couch to come and talk to me. Ron and Harry were on her tail and smiled at me from behind her. I tried to give them all a smile but it just came out as more of a grimace. 

"It was fine" i mumbled before walking past them, and up to my dorm room. I tossed my bag onto the ground and fell backwards onto my bed. "Ali? Are you okay?" I heard Hermione ask. She sat down beside me on my bed, and I rolled over to face the other direction.

I loved Hermione, she was one of my best friends. But I just felt like I was risking her life sitting here talking to her. Like Voldemort would find out who I was close to and kill all of them. Trying to keep myself away from her and everyone else was killing me, but it needed to be done. "Just go away Hermione, I'm really tired" I mumbled, and pulled my knees to my chest. 

I heard her sigh behind me and place a gentle hand on my back, and once I heard the door close to my dorm -- I broke out in tears.

~

I have been back at school for over a month now, and I felt like I was slowly losing my mind. Voldemort had invaded my dreams on more than one occasion. Sometimes with messages, other times with images of my family and friends laying dead on the ground. I haven't been sleeping, I haven't been eating.  I've been ignoring all of my friends, haven't been speaking to my brother or sisters. I hated what was happening to me.

How can one person cause someone so much pain. If you could really call Voldemort a person that is. I saw him, many many times. There was nothing human about him in fact, he was just a monster. A monster who was terrifying an innocent girl who was born with something she had no control over.

I hadn't been helping with Voldemort's army, I haven't even really been trying in my classes. I would fearfully walk from class to class, pick around some random food at dinner and try to not let myself fall into slumber. The image of him inside of my head was keeping me from doing normal activities, it was like I was haunted by this ghost inside my brain and it was slowly driving me mad.

Everyone kept trying to get me to come out of this shell I was living in, my only response always just being "I'm fine" which was a complete and utter lie, I wasn't fine...far from it. I probably never will be, not until Voldemort was dead at least. 

Tonight once again I was trying to just calm my mind down so I could catch a few hours of sleep, but it wasn't working. My body and mind were restless beyond all belief and something felt off. It was really late at this point, but looking over I noticed Hermione wasn't in her bed which was strange. She went to bed normally at the same time every evening.

"Alisanna" I head my voice being whispered, and jolted out of bed in fear that he was here again. Looking around I saw the curtains were open, and the moonlight was the only thing allowing me to see. My roommates were all sleeping, and I laid back down seeing that nobody else was in the room. 

But once my head hit the pillow I heard it again, that soft yet eerie voice calling out to me in the dark. I closed my head and felt that familiar piercing pain in my skull that I felt before, until I was once again transported out of my bedroom by some unknown force. 

I was standing in front of the fireplaces at the ministry. Only this time it was as quiet as before. I heard shouting, breaking glass and the sounds of footsteps running farther ahead. I heard a familiar voice yelling up ahead and my eyes widened before I took off sprinting. "Daddy!!" I yelled hearing my father's voice from up ahead, a sound of struggle.

I really didn't know what was happening, why, or why the hell I was brought here again. But my father was battling a death eater while Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and several order members were being restrained by others. I saw Sirius, Tonks, Lupin, Dumbledore and others battling death eaters who were surrounding them by the minute. 

I was suddenly infuriated seeing everyone I cared about being in such immediate danger. So infuriated that some unknown force coming from me had knocked out half the death eaters in the room, including the one fighting with my father. "Ali! What the hell are you doing here!?" my father shouted before running to my side.

"I don't know" I mumbled, looking anywhere but him. "Come on, you need to get back to school. It isn't safe here!' My father said grabbing my arm, but before he could take me anywhere something had ripped him away and he was being restrained by a death eater with their wand at his neck. 

"No! Let go of him" I cried out and tried running for him, but was pulled backwards by something and landed on the ground. "Don't you touch her! Don't touch her!" my father kept crying out with widened eyes as he looked behind me. And turning around, i understood why -- Voldemort. 

"You" I whispered as I looked at him. His horrid appearance made a chill go down my spine. "Yes, me" he answered. He was circling me like a hunter and it's prey, and i could do nothing but watch. It was too risky for me to try anything with him, not with everyone I care about at risk.

"I told you this time would come, where the people you loved would die" His voice was haunting me, as it had been doing for months. 

"Don't touch them" I whispered. I had no energy, no strength to argue with him. It was as if he had been sucking my life out for weeks without my knowledge. He touched the back of my arm and i felt as if I would pass out on the ground. "Please don't hurt them" I whimpered out, my head spinning.

"Ali! Ali!" I heard my name being shouted, my numerous people. My father and Harry's voices calling out to my the most. 

"Join me Alisanna Soloria, and I will let your friends and your family live" He whispered in my ear as he turned me around to face them. My father was struggling as hard as he could against the death eater who held onto him, he was trashing and fighting and trying everything in his power to get to me but nothing was working. My friends were all looking at me with with distress, and there was no way i was letting them get hurt because of me.

"JOIN ME!" Voldemort's voice boomed throughout the ministry. "Ali, NO!" Harry called over to me.

"Don't do it Ali! Please Ali, Don't!" Harry was screaming, working just as hard as my father to get out of his restraints. 

"I'm sorry" I mouthed to him before turning to Voldemort and nodding my head.

"Okay, I'll join you" I softly said. Suddenly all of the death eaters disappeared from the ministry and everyone was running for me, but before they reached me Voldemort grabbed my arm and everything disappeared.