Kept Promises

Roman had just hit send when he heard a small giggle come from the stairs. Turning he saw his sister and Melanie headed down the stairs with Joelle snuggly planted on Melanie's hip. Dropping his phone on the coffee table in front of him he met them at the stairwell just as they made it to the bottom step.

"You hungry?" Melanie asked as she reached her hand up and stroked his face.

"Yeah I can eat"

"Anything in particular?"

When Roman bit his bottom lip and smirked at her she chuckled shook her head and walked away.

"You guys hungry?" she asked their family

"Yes!" Sasha and Seth yelled in unison making Melanie laugh and roll her eyes.

"Oh Yes!" Nessa said as she and Summer high fived with Summer replying "Hell yeah!

"I could eat" Patricia said bobbing her head as she laughed at her children's responses.

Heading to the kitchen she perched Joelle on the counter top and first began making her breakfast 2 pieces of toast with a little Nutella and a cup of hot lemon tea for her throat. Once Joelle ate half of her toast Melanie handed her a dose of medicine that Joelle threw back like a champ.

Kissing her on the forehead she turned back to the front and began to make everyone else's breakfast which consisted of blueberry, banana nut, and lemon crumb muffins along with omelets, oatmeal and bacon. Popping the muffins in the oven she began to crack her eggs and chop her veggies for the omelets and the chicken noodle soup she planned on making right after. Melanie heard Patricia walk into the kitchen and kiss Jo before walking up beside her and playfully nudging her side as Nessa inched up on her left and Summer on the other side of her mother.

Patricia reached out her hand and wiggled her fingers "Let me see how good it looks on your hand sweetheart"

Melanie giggled and did as requested as Romans mom and his sister's ooooo'd and ahh'd over how perfect the ring looked on her hand. Soon enough they joined in to help her finish up breakfast as Joelle sat happily at the island with Melanie completely in her sights.

"We are so happy for you guys!" Nessa said excitedly as she bounced in place

Patricia kissed her on her forehead "We can't wait until you two make it official! Do you have a date in mind?" she asked as she stared at Melanie hoping to get more information out of her than she had in her prior conversation earlier about the exact same topic with her son.

Melanie chuckled and shook her head much to Patricia's dismay "No we haven't talked about a date yet, we discussed what we wanted as far as location and the ceremony itself but nothing concrete on when it will happen."

Patricia and his sisters all pouted making Melanie laugh even harder "Why the long faces? We know we both want to be with each other forever, it's going to happen"

"But we want it to have happened like yesterday!"

Melanie, Patricia Nessa and Summer all turned around to look at Jo who was smiling nonchalantly as she shrugged her little shoulders "What? I'm just saying what you three were thinking" she said as she motioned between her aunts and her nana.

Melanie dropped her head in her hand and shook her head "What am I going to do with you Jo?"

Joelle smiled "Love me forever and ever and ever!"

Melanie stepped forward leaned over the kitchen island and rubbed her chin "That is a stone cold fact princess!"

Winking at Joelle she stood up and turned around to face her in-laws just as Roman walked in and took a seat next to Joelle.