Change of Address

A/N This chapter is long.....really really long lol

Melanie leaned back against the seat, closing her eyes she sighed and leaned her head to the side to look out the window. The drive from the arena to the hospital was going to be the longest hour of her life and they were only 10 minutes into their journey.

It had taken them longer than necessary to get out of the arena but it was based on circumstances that were completely out of their control. You see by the time she and Roman had made their way back to Gorilla the entire backstage was lined with superstars all giving her a standing ovation for her performance tonight out in the ring. It took them 30 minutes just to get back to their locker room.

Melanie was exhausted, she ran her hand over her face, leaned her head against the window and for the first time that night she finally smiled.

Roman looked at her out the corner of his eyes and gathered her hand into his. Linking their fingers together he brought them to his lips and kissed her fingers.

Though she still kept her head against the car window she shifted her body so that she was able to look at him.

"Thank you"

Roman's forehead scrunched as he glanced at her quickly out the corner of his eye "For what?"

Melanie sat a little straighter in her seat "Everything...for always being there, for being a man of your word, for loving me, and above all else for giving me the confidence to go out there and handle my business knowing that SJ wasn't going to be a problem because you had my back."

Roman smiled and brought her hand back up to his lips. "You don't have to thank me, I'm always going to have your back Lalalei, I love you" he mumbled against the back of her hand.

Pulling his hand towards her face she reciprocated his gesture by kissing the back of his hand in return.

Turning her head so that it's pressed against the back of his hand she closed her eyes and whispered "I love you too Le, and I want you to know that you've given me everything I've ever wanted, everything I've ever needed and I couldn't be happier mi amore." (my love)

Roman turned his hand so that it was now cupping her face, his palm against her cheek, and his fingers entangled in her hair.

His heart was going to spontaneously combust with the amount of love that he had for this woman, his woman, she consumed him and filled him with nothing but complete and utter joy. He knew what he wanted to do, granted this wasn't the exact way he wanted to do this but he just didn't want to wait any longer.

"Baby I want to ask you some-"

Before he could finish his sentence he was cut off when Melanie's phone began to vibrate and sound loudly in her lap. Turning her head she kissed the inside of his palm.

"Hold that thought baby."

Grabbing her cell phone in her hand she sighed loudly as she gazed at her caller i.d. This is the call she had been expecting. Swiping left she put it on speaker just so Roman could hear everything first hand.

"Jelly Bean"

"Yes Uncle Vince?"

Melanie and Roman could hear him audibly sigh into the phone, followed by a short pregnant pause. Closing her eyes and shaking her head she knew this wasn't going to be good.

"I don't want to do this but I have to be fair. I can't seem like I'm picking favorites because of who you and your father are to me."

Roman looked at Melanie out of the corner of his eye and squeezed her hand in his. She quickly squeezed his hand back and flashed him a small smile of thanks.