Book 2: Beginning Of The Rebellion - Fourth Arc: Strong, Stronger! - Epilogue

The cold, dark sky was completely empty, without a single star in sight. It almost resembled a dark ceiling extending for countless miles, blotting out stars and other heavenly bodies alike.

However, despite the lack of any source of natural light, an eerie glow illuminated a plateau on top of a mountain peak.The mighty mountain was so tall its height was unfathomable. Usually, when gazing up, one would see countless lanterns floating all around the massive mount. Many thin, skeletal figures, carrying gigantic boulders on their backs, could also be noticed if one was to look more closely.

These beings resembled humans, however had much longer noses, deep eyesockets and soulless, dark orbs of shadows in place of their eyes. They had bodies that looked like simple sets of bones covered in leathery, grey, decaying skin. Their bodies were barely covered in strips of cloths, the rest of their head was concealed beneath their hoods, held up by large chains.

The boulders were inscribed with majestic runes, emanating a bright blue glow. The engraved symbols were fuming: the column of smoke would rise in spiral before joining in with countless others.

Dragging their bare, long feet on the rocky ground, the skeletal figures wouldn't falter as they walked up almost the whole length of the mountain, stopping only slightly short from the top, before walking back down.

It was unknown just how long a single full cycle would take. Whole eras would pass, and one would still be able to look up only to see such an awe-inducing distance to the top as when he had started.

It was also unknown just how long these cycles had repeated themselves. For such a long time, these dried up husks would walk up and down, devoid of any other thought that was not completing their duty. They were mere slaves of the vicious cycle and its long since gone creators.

However, the Hollowed would not rebel. They were slaves, slaves to their own bodies. For so long they had been forced to walk with the gigantic stones on their hunched back that they had long since forgotten just who or what they were.

There was only one word to describe the process these countless individuals had been chained to since ages long gone.

Wicked.

To steal someone's freedom such as so was nothing short of the utmost evil! It was the gravest of sins!

However, in such an atmosphere of wickedness, of unholiness to its extreme, there was still something hinting to a greater, deeper scheme... even in such a wicked place, a hint of sacredness could still be sensed.

And indeed, the area at the very top of the gigantic mountain did look like a sacred place.

Complex blue symbols were engraved on every single brick that made up a huge structure. It had no ceiling, as it seemed to have endured the test of time for countless ages, yet the walls still stood proudly, the floor looked still firm and only displayed a few cracks where the bricks had broken down.

Countless alcoves and ruined statues could be seen situated on the outer perimeter of the circle-shaped room. Many seats were found when looking towards the center of the large structure, surrounding a circular room that was completely cut off from the outside world.

The ancient aura lingering around the whole mountain peak was almost that of a spot where ancient beings would meet to discuss the fate of the world! If such place was to exist, it would without a doubt closely resemble this very one. Then, this mountain would surely be the resting place of gods and deities alike!

At the moment however, such a godly place was ruined, an eerie, blue fire consuming the mountain whole!

Above the tall mountain peak, clouds swirled nonstop. However, these were not the blue colored clouds made out of the fumes rising from the rune stones. No, the columns of smoke came from the fires that spread all over the length of the tall mount!