Chapter 29 - (Title At The End)

Two ruthless blue eyes stared in their direction, the same blue eyes that Xiao Wu had come to recognize as those of her elder brother that would kindly help her when she was in trouble. Yet now, those eyes had such a scary expression that she couldn't believe that they were the same!

Fu Yin kicked off the ground and charged towards the group: Xiao Wu was in front of them all and she would also be the next victim! She knew she could not dodge the blow from Fu Yin's spears now, it was too late to summon her Martial Ways too!

She could not bear to look at the tip of the spear getting closer and closer so she shut her eyes and waited...

Suddenly, she heard a voice in her head. It probably was just her imagination but she still listened to it.

'Why? Why did you close your eyes?'

She answered dejectedly 'I am waiting...'

'For what?'

She bit her lips and answered 'For pain'

'What pain?'

'The one that I am feeling right now'

'What are you feeling right now?'

'...'

Xiao Wu's eyes snapped open: she was fine! She turned just in time to see Fu Yin's fierce expression as she passed by her. She was confused: he did not attack neither her nor her companions, why would he do that?

'He's heading straight for Fai Lan! Does he want to kill him first?' Xiao Wu noticed and was about to yell "Stop, don't do it" when...

*Clang*

Fu Yin's spears changed directions and headed straight towards Salomon's head and torso, who was just behind Fai Lan, before getting blocked by his large blade. Fu Yin turned in mid air and put himself in between Salomon and the group, his eyes once again turning lifeless from its previous fierce expression.

Fai Lan felt a sharp pain on the back of his neck and when he checked he found a small cut. The cut was made by a sharp object with an edge, yet Fu Yin didn't have any weapons such as that...

"Leader, watch out, this guy is not Salomon! That guy also isn't our eleventh comrade, they are both imposters!" Fu Yin yelled and once again kicked off the ground to chase after Salomon.

Hearing his words, the tall red haired burly man grinned as he peeled off the fake skin covering his face: the fake Solomon was actually a thirty-something years old man. He had the same brown hair as Fan Lai did and his facial features were also similar.

"Very smart of you, Fu Yin, it seems like you really do have a bit of ability to stop my blade with so little time... I am impressed" the man burst out laughing and blocked another blow from Fu Yin's spears.

"Fan Zai! What are you doing here!" Fan Lai's expression turned fiercer as he gritted his teeth "Where is Solomon?"

Fan Zai smiled "Oh, your dog? Right now he is in the clan's basement, scheduled to be executed soon! It seems to me that you care more about your little pet than your elder brother! Now..."

Fan Zai's smile disappeared and his cocky attitude turned into a ruthless gaze as he lifted the blade in his hands "Prepare to die, my junior brother! I will be the heir of the clan, not a snot faced brat like you!"

Fan Lai exhaled to calm himself down and analyze the situation with a bird eye's view. Finally, he slowly spoke.

"We both know that you have no chances right now to fight me directly. You are still in the low level Advanced stage. You are hiding your cultivation but I remember clearly the strength of my potential enemies in the clan! You don't have enough strength to get past Fu Yin!"