Chapter 53 - An Extra Dagger

A tall and thin man wearing black robes and black shins. One of the ten members of the Shadow Legion, numbered #8 out of the ten. Even though he might have looked like a man, he had four arms and an extra eye in the middle of his forehead.

He had no weapon but was a being to be feared solely because of his hand to hand combat skills... And powerful punches capable of breaking past a whole army with a single blow of his fist... Codename: Fist.

His skill in hand to hand combat was mostly unmatched within the Legion and he had so far only met less than ten opponents who could beat him without using any weapons.

At the first place was Long Yin Hei, the Shadow Dragon, who could rely on his superior cultivation. Second was Chu Sai, Yin Hei's right hand man and on the same level as the Legion's strongest. Last was Greatsword, the Shadow Legion's ranked number #1: even if he used a greatsword, he was proficient with all kind of weapons and also a great martial artist when it came to hand to hand combat.

Nobody, nobody, nobody could leave him with the impression of being so unreachable or unbeatable beside from these three: he still remembered himself lying face down on the cold ground as his body hurt from the blows of his opponents. Nobody else could, and it had been that way for quite a few years.

Still, this had changed not more than five seconds ago. At the moment he was wide-eyedly flying through the air, his mouth spitting out blood and his features were contorted in shock, incredulity and... Fear.

"Aargh!"

With a loud cry of pain, the four-armed man crashed heavily into the ground, cracks spread outwards and blood splattered once more from the man's mouth.

"Cough! Cough!" Fist coughed out two more mouthfuls of blood before being able to recover. He stood up on wobbly legs and stared in front of him, searching for the attacker.

Still, something was not right. Fist blinked, not daring to believe what he was seeing: around him, hundreds of cultivator had stepped back in fear, but they were not wearing Sect Robes... They were the mercenaries engaged by Chu Sai!

Up until a short while ago, he was in the very middle of the enemy's army, slaughtering as he pleased, yet now, now he was almost in the rear of the mercenary army! He only remembered a blur pass by him and whisper something in his ear... What was it again?

He frowned and wiped away the blood from the sides of his mouth 'What did that blur say? It was... It was...' Suddenly, his pupils shrunk and his eyes widened as he muttered "'You are first...'!"

Following that, all of a sudden, he had found himself flying through the air and had been heavily injured... And he still did not know the attacker's face!

"Now, now... You are lighter than I expected!" The voice of a child reached his ears. Fist's eyes widened and his appearance grew fearful as he turned: in front of him was a boy, not more than ten years old. He wore black robes with two white stripes going from the right shoulder to the left ankle.

His innocent golden eyes and carefree smile were not something that you would expect to see in the middle of a war, his thin lips were arranged into a bright smile that made people's hearts tense up even though it was clearly a kind smile. He was really beautiful, his looks were comparable to what people would imagine how Angels looked like.

Still, that same handsome child was no Angel to them as much as he was a Demon. After all, he had suddenly appeared beside them, carrying a heavily wounded Fist! And he did that with the same little hands that looked like they would have trouble holding a knife from how delicate they seemed!