Chapter 25 - A Traitor!

Ten figures ran through the corridors and halls of the gigantic maze where the Outer Sect Exam was held.

At the front were Tai Long, the burly man that dressed as a woman, Fan Lai, holding a map and guiding the way, and the servant Solomon who followed his master like a shadow.

Behind them were Xiao Wu, Fu Yin the blue-skinned teenager, the busty woman Yan Rui and the snake-eater Liang Ran.

Finally, watching their backs were Ba Bai, the fatty, the older woman Su Tan and the short man wearing green, Da Bing.

As they dashed through countless corridors and stairs, they saw no other groups such as them or heading towards their same direction.

'So, we are actually the only ones that seem to have greatly prepared just for this moment...' Fan Lai pondered as his lips arranged into a bright smile.

He looked around and then turned to speak "Okay everyone, when I tell you to, follow my exact footsteps! There are mechanism hiding in the walls, so be careful!"

After a few more turns the boy stopped, at the same time raising his hand to stop those behinds him as well "Look! If we are not careful, we might end up like that!"

The corridor was at least a thousand meters long, yet, mountains of corpses lined up near the entrance and after a few steps, there were no more piles except from some rare cases a few tens of meters in.

The only exception was one body, laying a few meters from the exit of the death trap, just a few meters before the corridors stopped.

Seeing that one corpse hundreds of meters from the piles of dead bodies, Fu Yin furrowed his brows and smiled amused "It seems we are not the only ones with this piece of information..."

During the time she had ran through the maze, Xiao Wu had the chance to speak with and come to know this strange boy in front of her.

Due to her conclusion, she knew as a fact that the words he spoke were most likely true: while speaking with her or others, Fu Yin had never lied. Even if he had, she did not notice it in any way, so she believed him.

Solomon spoke up "Why do you think that, Junior Fu?" The burly man wearing crimson clothes looked at the young boy, his eyes showing a bit of discontent and, also, fear. Although he referred to Fu Yin as his junior, it could be seen that he still deeply feared the pale blue-skinned boy. More accurately, he feared his strength.

The boy ignored the gaze, simply lifted one of his hands and pointed towards the one body laying on the ground, much further than the others.

"It is because of... him. I find it highly unlikely that a lone man would be able to gain this much information. Even with our cultivation and large numbers we had to spend two whole days to get through this trap the first time. We also lost a few friends in the process..." the boy's face darkened when he said that: it could be seen he had a few bad memories of the event.

"As for him... He is not only alone, he is also much weaker than any of us here, are you telling me he was able to decipher this death trap in only a few hours? I can't feel clearly from here, but..." Fu Yin put his hands on the two nails sticking out from his temples.

Sparks appeared and his eyes suddenly turned a brighter shade of blue as two inverted triangles appeared in them "I can see weak Inferior power fluctuations on his body. He is most likely no more than a mid level Inferior stage cultivator..."

At that, Fai Lan's face also turned darker as he furrowed his brows. Solomon still either didn't understand or didn't give up as he gritted his teeth and asked "So what? Couldn't he just have been lucky to find a map to this place?" The man waved his hands "Maybe one of the senior that passed this trial before gave him one! Or, much simpler, they just flew there! Flight talismans aren't all that rare..."