Chapter 40 - In All But Blood

Smoke and dust rose from the arena made out of stones. It was outside the territory of the sect, a few miles away from the castle.

On the stony plateau, more than five hundred bodies laid on the ground. They were full of bruises, cuts, and both light and heavy injuries, some were even on the borders of life and death! Countless moans and cries of pain could be heard coming from the many bodies laying on the ground.

They were a few hundred people wearing white robes, Inner and Core Elders of the Mysterious Light-Shadow Sect.

In the middle of such chaos, a single person stood: he was a young child, about eight years old, almost nine. Unlike everybody else, he was standing still and instead of injuries he only had some dust and dirt on his clothes.

He looked almost relaxed as he watched the people crying and screaming from the pain surrounding him "Ahhhh, nothing is as good as good old-fashioned beat-them-up! It really tempers the body!"

Suddenly his cheerful expression grew angry "Ehy, you lot! Did I say you could rest? Hurry up and get back to running and fighting!" He stomped on the ground and released a powerful shockwave, blowing the unlucky people lying close to him up a few meters in the air before falling back down. Falling back down hard.

A person crawled his way up to the body of a man pretending to have fainted: he wore a white robe with three black lines going from his shoulder to his ankle. He was an Inner Elder.

As for the man laying on the ground, he was none other than the Core Elder, Tai Fu! "Senior Fu, wasn't Master Hao a human with no cultivation? How is he able to hurt us as such?"

Tai Fu only slightly moved his lips, scared that the distant Cheng Hao would notice that he wasn't unconscious anymore "Don't ask me questions that nobody can answer. That guy is a monster! Look around you, all these bodies laying in the dust and crying tears of blood, would you be able to do something like that?"

Tai Fu looked in Cheng Hao's directions. "If you want my opinion, that guy is the Devil himse-" He saw the boy looking straight at him and stopped talking altogether as he shuddered.

"Tai Fu! You seem to have recovered, good! Come here so I can verify the fruit of your training up until now!" Cheng Hao smiled and crushed the longsword he was holding in his hand into splinters.

Tai Fu gritted his teeth and punched the ground. He lowered his voice and cursed "Go****it! See what I mean! How can that thing possibly be a human?"

Cheng Hao smiled and waved his harms "Everybody, Core Elder Tai Fu says that this amount of training is nowhere near enough and I should increase the difficulty a bit! Alright, a thousand squats-push ups and palms sets for ten times! The last person to complete them shall repeat the sequence another five times, so hurry up!"

Hundreds of groans and cries could be heard at the same time as the whole crowd of injured people turned to look at Tai Fu, bursting with rage.

"Brother, you idiot, don't you know that Bastard Devil can hear you no matter where you are! That little brat is not one you should joke around with!" A bloody Tai Zu crawled over and smacked Tai Fu with a stick.

"Still not enough I see... I guess you shall do all that without using your hands, use your teeth instead!" Cheng Hao's voice reached them and they almost coughed blood when they heard the words.

Everybody couldn't help but groan after hearing that "You idiotic Tai Brothers, did your dog parents ever teach you how and when to FRIGGING SHUT THE F*** UP!!!"

A couple composed by a middle aged man and slightly younger woman panted and then the mother protested "Ehy, we are here, you know! Don't casually curse us when we are right here!"