Chapter 8 - Pseudo-Advanced Stage

"Uh?" Xiao Wu was bewildered. 

A Martial Way was something as rare as Qilin horns and Phoenix feathers, something that shouldn't exist in the mortal world. The reason was simple: they were as rare as it was difficult to make them, a Reverend stage cultivator had nearly zero chances of creating one as it required deep understanding and great enlightenment.

Even then, it would require incredible effort and years of meditation just to make one, years that could easily be spent in cultivation. 

But that child in front of her, a boy her same age had just achieved the impossible, he had condensed a Martial Way all by himself! 

And it was such a mysterious and deep Martial Way, the likes of which only one person in her entire clan could barely hold a candle to, the greatest secret weapon of the Xiao Clan. And it was done in only a few months!

A Martial Way was essentially the foundation to one's cultivation, the better the Martial Way, the higher the talent, and thus the chance to reach never seen before cultivation stages. But before Xiao Wu could be even more shocked, the last words the boy had just spoken reached her ears.

One must know that, unless one had a Martial Way to aid breakthrough, another one of its wondrous uses, such breakthrough could easily take weeks if not months, years, decades! After all, if it were that easy, a Reverend stage martial artist wouldn't be so rare at all, instead they would be at the very bottom of the food chain!

But this new brother of hers had just said that tonight, they would break through... Together!

"Brother, you must be joking! Although it would probably be no problem for a genius like you, I have no chance to do that! Let alone a Martial Way, I haven't even have begun to sense the Qi yet! How could I even dream of breaking through?"

Xiao Wu laughed bitterly.

The boy slowly opened his mouth and slowly, syllable by syllable, he spelled out "Purple, Black and White... The Moon, The Dragon and The Tree"

Xiao Wu shuddered at those words. Her eyes grew cold and she unconsciously put up her guard, before immediately pulling it back down. She trusted Cheng Hao, she helped her so much she had to, at the very least, trust him this much.

"How do you know... Those words?" Xiao Wu looked at the eyes of the child in front of her.

The boy grinned "Of course I know them. I was the one who wrote them, alongside your ancestor, Xiao Lan. But while we studied them together, I alone was the one to create the cultivation technique!" 

Xiao Wu was shocked and then started laughing "You shouldn't joke on these things, brother Hao! Although it is indeed a mystery how you know that name! He is the secret weapon of our Clan!"

'But I really was the one who wrote... Never mind' The boy sighed but then also laughed. Suddenly though, his face turned serious. 

"Sister Wu, you have indeed sensed something, and not just any Qi. You sensed a Qi so rare and powerful it might almost rival my previous Golden Gates of Old. Almost" He winked "And somebody has already aided you. It was probably that old fellow Lan, but it was probably done without you knowing. Calm down and breath as this might seem shocking"

Xiao Wu skeptically followed the instructions without asking for an explanation. Seeing that, Cheng Hao inwardly praised her and thought to himself that he really chose a good sister. He smiled warmly and resumed. He said nine simple words. Those words shook Xiao Wu's mind and, as she understood the meaning she unconsciously grabbed her head.

"You have a Martial Way sealed inside your consciousness." 

Those shocking words came out so smoothly that it seemed as if Cheng Hao was just telling her his favourite colour is red.