Chapter 99 - True Geniuses Leave Behind No Corpses... Unless It's Their Own.

"Very well. The fight may begin!"

Just as those words were uttered, a red mist enveloped the whole stage, cutting it off from the outside world! Fang Lu suddenly felt someone's breath on his exposed neck: he shivered as a demonic presence spread behind him...

He lifted his gaze: Fu Yin had disappeared from his previous position!

"You had pretty intense eyes while fighting with my sis, didn't you? Maybe you wanted to tell me something?" The other's amused tone sent a chill down the chubby youth's spine.

Fang Lu gulped and kicked off the ground, reappearing a few dozen feet away. Once there, he turned around... only to find his legs giving out beneath him!

The whole stage was nowhere close as it had been in the past. Countless vicious, spiked thorns were erupting from the ground, a bloody grass had begun to grow and, as he walked on top of it, the countless small crimson blades bled whenever they were stepped on.

Rivers of fresh, red blood floated in the air while countless, blurry, dark figures whose real appearance couldn't be seen either as small as an ant or even so big that they covered half of the entire battlefield, all stared at the chubby youth with vicious gazes...

"Welcome, everyone. Let me do the greetings!" Fu Yin spread his arms and winked at the terrified Fang Lu:

"This is my Qi: the Legacy! And such Legacy is none other than the strength of these demons, whom have passed away and now live within these new bodies I have granted them as mere shells of their former selves!"

Fu Yin was smiling as he stood in between the hordes of monstrous shadows. The youth's two eyes were brimming with life as the two inverted triangles within glinted sharply.

Finally, this pair of eyes feel upon Fang Lu's trembling figure. His gaze seemed somewhat disappointed:

"So, in the end, I am despised even among those who also wield immense power at their fingertips... if even you, Fang Lu, the chosen to wield the Pāramitān Scroll, actually trembles like so in my presence, what exactly is this identity of mine that induces terror in so many hearts?"

Fang Lu stood up on his wobbly legs, his face extremely pale, as if he had seen a ghost. Yet, despite all this, is voice sounded calm, almost too calm:

"Who are you? You aren't human, your aura is that which dead bear!"

The chubby youth examined Fu Yin's body when his focus feel on the other's weird pupils:

"Those eyes... in many languages, triangles symbolize the cycle of reincarnation. Life, death, rebirth, the cycle of the living and the dead. The top corner of the pyramid represents life, the bottom corners are death and reincarnation. By putting the two corners of 'death' at the top, what does it mean?"

Fu Yin lifted his gaze and smiled bitterly, his inverted triangles shining just as bright as earlier, even if a little bit more melancholy. He lifted one of his hands and caressed the nails embedded in his temples:

"That... is what I had hoped to ask you. However, seeing that you are also unable to answer it, I deem it would be useless to ask you any more... at least, for now. We will have more time later... a lot more."

"After all, we will leave this place very soon. In just a few moments actually, so pay attention! I guess the Fang Clan should have given you more than enough information about the world, seeing that your sensed Qi is one that follows the nine elements and that you carry a Martial Way on yourself, so I'm going to keep it short."

Fu Yin's eyes refocused:

"Under the guise of an attack on the part of the Zhao Clan, we will disappear from the Sect in a few moments."