Chapter 9 - I Am The Master Of This Tower

Just as Xiao Wu entered the meditative state, Cheng Hao sat down as well. However, he couldn't help but cast a gaze at the snake resting on the table. He opened his mouth and spoke "Goldy... Could you..." 

The golden snake "I will take care of your sister just fine Stupid Hao. Just go."

After assuring that the snake would help the young girl, Cheng Hao finally relaxed and threw himself on the ground, summoning the Martial Way in front of him.

As soon as he sat down, Cheng Hao closed his eyes, grabbed the Immortal Ascension Tower and projected his consciousness into it: he only put a small part of his power in the heavenly treasure, yet he felt a strong suction force warping him somewhere else...

As soon as the suction force appeared, the scenery surrounding him changed. The small hut suddenly vanished and he found himself suspended in a vacuum. 

In front of him was a majestic tower, thousands of meters tall made of bronze, silver and gold.

The fifteen floors where all divided by golden rings in between, each ring brighter than the floor below's. The Dazzling sight was enough to bewilder anyone. Anyone except Cheng Hao.

Suddenly, the first ring cracked and it became a stream of light particles that merged with Cheng Hao's body. He passed directly from the Qi sensing phase to the absorbition phase... As for his sensed Qi, even he did not understand it completely.

In fact, he only knew it was related to that weird spark that had brought him back from the dead.

The light stream suddenly divided into fifteen and, upon Cheng Hao's command, these streams started to slowly flow towards his consciousness and turned first into the Qi sea then into the Cheng Hao's Pseudo-Core. 

Here, he did not have the golden dragon to block berserk streams nor did he use the Martial Way to ease the condensation process... And yet, even then, both the actions were completed effortlessly and smoothly: he was way faster than Xiao Wu had been and he easily finished condensing the Pseudo-Core before she had even began the absorption phase.

The golden Pseudo-Core wasn't completely see-through but was just a bit denser, showing the vast amount of energy he had absorbed from the ring of light. It was at the very limit of what an Inferior stage cultivator could bear. 

The moment he had finished condensing, he had officially become an Inferior stage cultivator.

The tall tower was his treasure. 

He had used the golden spark in his consciousness to build it, using up so much energy that it could have helped him break into multiple stages and even Realms consecutively. However, he knew better than anyone how detrimental that would have been. 

His body would have burst into flames and, even if he was so lucky that he survived, his soul would have been damaged and he would have become a cripple!

That is why he had built this tower. 

This was a tower that wasn't meant to be climbed. Inside though, it housed countless treasures and mysteries that would help him in his cultivation, sealed within the same level they would be usable at.

The rings made of Martial Energy was one of them. They had just the maximum amount of energy a body could hold without side effects at the peak of each stage, energy that would help him every time he wanted to breakthrough a stage. 

However, if he wanted to breakthrough using the rings of light and had already gathered some excess energy by himself, those rings would disperse some of their Martial Power so that it wouldn't harm him. This would also allow him to have great strength after a breakthrough, unlike other cultivators who would need to stabilise their cultivation bases.