Chapter 65 - Ren Hong

Four moons, one red, one blue, one white and one black shone in the night sky above a certain clearance in a certain forest. The woods were located on the southern side of a floating island.

The island hovered way up in the sky, so high the ground couldn't be seen at all. It also was a sacred ground, a place that was told to exist in many legends and myths: it was none other than Worldlords Floating Island, the island where the four Divine Kings resided!

In the clearance, a bonfire was lit and two people could be seen close-by: they were a young boy, no more than a child still not in his teens yet, and a young woman in her late teens or early twenties.

The young boy had sparkling, blue eyes and long, black hair. He wore sky blue robes which exalted his beautiful blue eyes even more. His eyes were now wide and didn't blink at all as he watched the beautiful girl dance near the fire.

She had red skin, long, crimson hair, pure and dazzling red eyes and two rows of perfect, white teeth. On her cheeks were white markings of spirals and a strand of her hair was tied into a long braid that fell in front of her right eye.

A single golden feather dangled at the end of the braid. It looked like a pendant and shone with a warm golden light.

She wore a loose white undershirt, a pair of black loose pants, tightened around the waist. She had a generous figure: her bountiful chest perked up beneath the shirt while her rear end was enough to make countless grown men drool after a single glance.

She wore an anklet from which dangled beautiful green and blue precious gems that twinkled and emitted beautiful crystalline sounds whenever the girl's leg moved.

She was dancing beautifully and beads of sweat could be seen on her forehead and on her exposed arms. Still, as she danced, the fire seemed to dance with her, swaying left and right, up and down...

The girl's dance moves were really strange: each step seemed to be made according to a specific scheme, with each movement done in a way to ease the execution of the next. It apparently had some kind of order as it was so perfect it couldn't possibly be random, yet one could only guess where and how the girl's body would move only when it had already done so.

She made ninety nine steps, and then her body relaxed for a moment before resuming the beautiful dance that seemed to be able to shake the heavens the more her feet touched the ground.

At one point, the boy smiled widely and clapped enthusiastically "You are so good sister! You dance so well! You look so happy and beautiful when you dance like that!"

The girl stopped dancing and blushed as she wiped away her sweat and removed a strand of hair from her mouth. She grinned at him and latched her arm around his neck, locking him into a headlock.

"Why, thank you Ling'Er! Now, now, aren't you just such a gentleman!" She chuckled and messed up his hair with her hand.

The boy pouted but didn't try to free himself. He then looked up as his eyes brightened.

"Sister... can you teach me that dance? It was beautiful!" The boy innocently tilted his head and his eyes sparkled. The girl seemed to hesitate for a while but then grinned and nodded "Sure!"

She helped him up "This is a dance which I created! In this dance, you become one with the flame. As you can see, the flames burn, rise and fall seemingly at random, and although the speed constantly changes, it is all within a certain limit! The fact that there is a limit means that it is not random!"

She lifted a finger and then explained "If there is a finite amount of possibilities, it means that there is a way to predict what would come out next! Taking into account the condition of its surroundings, it is possible to narrow down what a flame would move like and thus imitate it!"