Chapter 96 - Golden Touch

Xiao Wu said nothing as she coldly stared at the many symbols surrounding Fang Lu's body. She knew just how powerful a single one of them was. After all, she had just experienced it firsthand.

She looked up and the Purple Moon in the sky suddenly shuddered as it glowed even brighter! In the eyes of the young girl, everything the moon shone upon would slow down considerably.

While bathing in the violet light, few things escaped her notice! The veins in her eyes glowed a bright purple as her two pupils turned violet. The green irises seemed to twist as the pupils began to emit a threatening violet light.

In her left hand, Xiao Wu held the Black Dragon Aura Sword. The right hand's fingers were nimbly operating, controlling the White Tree Shield. Meanwhile, the Black Dragon Blade, almost as if it had gained life, fiercely attacked Fang Lu.

Resembling a real life dragon as it bit the air, the blade tore through space at speeds invisible to the naked eye.

And yet...

Clang! Clang! Clang!

With loud clashes, every attack would be repelled by the strange metallic blades summoned by the floating symbols! No matter how fast the blade travelled, a symbol would light up, the sharp edge of a metallic tongue condensing into existence before shattering against Xiao Wu's Martial Way.

On the other hand, the recoil would be enough for another symbol to light up! It had turned into a vicious cycle where the powerful Black Dragon Sword was kept at bay!

"Finally, that bloody thing is taken care of!"

A foot stepped out of the encirclement of the symbols. Fang Lu's robes were covered in the vermillion blood gushing out from the wound on his chest. His scroll floated right beside him, emitting a powerful pressure.

Behind him, the Black Dragon Sword let out a fierce howl as it desperately threw itself against the cage of symbols. Needless to say, it was all for naught, as the powerful Martial Way found itself locked in a cage!

"Now... shall we continue?"

When he saw this, the chubby youth's eyes gleamed with amusement:

Such a high-quality treasure... it borders the aquiral of a consciousness! In the future, I am sure it will be able grow without stopping! At that time, I fear that few Attack-Type Martial Ways would be able to rival it in strength or speed!

Still, it is too early for that! If you think mindlessly attacking now will bring any merit, you are nothing but a fool! Young one... You are wasting the potential of your Martial Way!

Fang Lu was not his usual mild and composed self. The amiable smile had long since turned into a serious expression, hatred and anger flashing deep in his eyes.

Suddenly, his pupils shrunk as he sidestepped. The sword made out of Aura passed just a hair's breadth away from his neck.

Xiao Wu twisted her body, evading the older man's palm. Stomping on the ground with her left foot, she twirled and once again her blade slashed towards the man's vitals.

Whatever... this is getting annoying!

Fang Lu's simply smiled as he lifted his hand to block the blow!

Clang!

Xiao Wu's eyes widened in shock: this sound was the sound of metal clashing against metal!

What in the world...

As she gaped, the young girl's expression twisted as she felt her arm flare up from the recoil. It was as if she had just used a stick to hit a concrete wall.