Chapter 56 - If You Hurry Down A Steep Path You Are Bound To Fall...

With the ten monsters now gone, defeating the enemy became much easier for the forces of the Mysterious Light-Shadow Sect and soon, less than a few hundred enemies were left standing. Being merely cowardly mercenaries, the lucky survivors either escaped or surrendered immediately, now that their hope for victory had been sealed away, they had no chance of winning.

Soon, the battlefield began to grow silent as the fighting ceased. The few casualties of the Sect's forces were those unlucky enough to be killed by the surprise attacks by the Ten Monsters which amounted to a little more than a few hundred, once they had left the battlefield, no more than a few careless or unlucky cultivators had died.

That was not because the enemy was weak, but it was because the Golden Tiger Faction was just too strong! The weakest being at the high or peak level Superior stage and most being in the low level Sung stage, they were all powerhouses that could take on dozens of enemies all at once. The reason? Because they had been trained to look out for attacks from all directions, to judge the best way to attack the enemy and decide wether to dodge, parry or block attacks.

All this had been drilled into their heads by Cheng Hao during his training regiments. At first, even though the people from the Golden Tiger faction were powerful, they did not dare to carelessly wonder about in the battlefield, but as time went on, they found out that few people were actually a threat to them.

Due to this, they began to charge past the enemy's front lines and attack the enemy from behind in a pincher attack, resulting in less casualties on their part! The fight had ended with the Sect having lost less than five hundred members out of their original few thousands or so, while the mercenaries, numbering in the tens of thousands at first now only had a few hundred survivors at first...

It had been a one sided battle the moment the Shadow Legion had left the battlefield.

Up in the air, Bi Liang and Chu Sai clashed once again, the Core Elder slammed his big Aura Bow towards the opponent's head and Chu Sai barely blocked the blow with his eighteen weapons. The sound of an explosion rang out and both cultivators were sent flying back a few hundred meters.

Bi Liang somersaulted once, straightening himself, and then nocked another arrow on the bow. He pulled back the string as far as he could and then let go: the arrow was sent flying at high speeds towards the wounded Chu Sai.

The time it took the arrow to reach the falling black robed cultivator was only a little bit more than what it takes for a spark to fly off a piece of flint and Chu Sai noticed the blow only when it was a few meters away from his body.

He gritted his teeth and rocked his head to the side as well as swinging one of his swords to parry the blow. The arrow flew by like a ballista's projectile and, even though it had been blocked slightly and its trajectory had been deviated, it still shredded the man's mask and left a long scratch on the man's cheek.

Bi Liang landed and smirked 'What's wrong, your movements got slow! Getting tired?" He summoned another arrow and prepared to attack once again. A few hundred meters away Chu Sai clenched his fist and summoned another one of his katanas from the air.

He was not getting slower, he had been in his top condition ever since he had started his fight, he had not gotten so tired that it would interfere with his reflexes... He knew, better than anybody, that it was not him who got slower, it was Bi Liang who was getting faster! If this went on...

'I will lose in less than half an hour...'

Chu Sai's eyes narrowed and he sent one of his blades flying towards Bi Liang. It intercepted the arrow speeding towards its master and exploded with a loud "BOOM"