Chapter 38 - The Divine Earth King's Blessing

"If it wasn't for elder sister, I would have died! Right now though, I live and I won't waste this life that she gifted me by dying at the hands of one of those who allowed Tian to kill her! That's right, she may have died to protect me, but you also greatly helped Tian in his intent! Now tell me, big brother, does the eldest of the Divine Beasts, the Divine Earth King, the Black Turtle, only know how to put blame on others?"

Hearing Cheng Hao's argument, the Black Turtle frowned and backed away: in a sense, the boy was right, Ren Hei had been the first to allow Tian to pass, even going as far as guiding him to where Ren Hong and Xu Ling were playing.

Obviously Cheng Hao had enlarged by quite a bit the role the Divine Earth King had in their sister's murder, but the boy was not going to point that out.

The serpent and the turtle looked at each other dumbfounded: they could not attack Cheng Hao because it would mean they were in the wrong, but they also felt that they were in the right and thus had to prove that!

Yet, they obviously could not keep up with Cheng Hao's ingenious arguments: even if he told no lies, he actually hid the truth and only pointed out the flaws of the other person's point of view!

That was something that even the oldest of the four Divine Kings could not do as it had spent too few time in the presence of the cunning humans!

This problem could also be seen in Cheng Hao's conversation with the Roc: although these beasts were millions and some like the Primordial Heavenly Beasts even billions of years old, they didn't communicate much as they didn't find the reason to do so if they were as powerful like they were!

On the contrary, the weak humans didn't have great strength, so they could only evolve by using their heads. Tian had been a lowly servant, weak and fragile, this also allowed him to rely on other means than just brute force to defeat his opponents.

This weakness of the powerful Heavenly Beasts was also the main reason that Tian could fool them all: they simply didn't even put in their minds the possibility that they could be fooled, a narcissistic complex that brought the Heavens of the Jade Emperor to their doom...

And now, Cheng Hao was doing just that! He was using complicated arguments to make the beast's mind waver and think of way to defend itself by those contorted words rather than to attack Cheng Hao physically, because it still thought that it was right but had to prove itself superior.

Cheng Hao smirked as the Black Turtle and the Gigantic Snake stood silent and then headed towards them "It's quite tiring chatting out here, let's go inside!"

The Black Turtle couldn't retort as its mind was already occupied with the previous matter and it subconsciously retreated and turned back into its human form. Before he knew it, he was sitting at a table with Cheng Hao drinking tea and chatting about random stuff.

When he finally realized the situation, it's black cheeks turned red as he hit the table with both palms ""You dare try to fool us?"" he had already turned into a middle aged man, but the two voices still imposed each other: he had dark skin as black as carbon, long white hair tied into braids that went down his back, a prominent chin covered in trimmed white beard and his two eyes had black irises that fused with the pupils.

He wore some kind of leather armor and from his back a snake coiled around his shoulders staring at Cheng Hao. The snake was green and it was exactly the same as the one on the Black Turtle's true body except it was much, much smaller.

Cheng Hao calmly sipped his tea and spoke "What do you mean? Was anything I said a lie? Did I lie to you? Tell me, brother, how could I fool you if I haven't lied to you? Or..." Cheng Hao's eyes flashed "Are you trying to dodge my claims and simply kill me before anyone else gets to know about them?"