Chapter 78 - If I Kill Him...

The tall, dark-skinned Ren Bai looked on with shock at Ren Hong's figure: the boy's red eyes, previously lifeless, were now blazing with life, as if two flames were actually, truly, burning within the boy's eye-sockets.

"Foolish Sister, what are you trying to do!" The red-skinned boy scolded, his tone harsh as his grip around the woman's wrist tightened "Why would you want attempt to divide your soul in half?!?"

The woman gritted her teeth, the anger in her heart rose as the pain blinded her. Her whisker marks wavered as the woman began to tremble.

"You... It was your fault that he is in this condition right now, you have no right to talk, you frigging overgrown chicken! Let me go so I can save brother! Stand aside!"

Ren Bai glared at the young boy, trying to shake her brother's grip off. She wasn't successful in any of her tries: the boy's grip didn't flinch a bit! A vein popped on the woman's forehead as her anger was on the verge of exploding.

"I said..." The woman stomped her foot on the ground, an illusory white tiger appearing behind her.

"STAND! ASIDE!" Strange vibrations appeared together with the woman's words. It was as if, by uttering them, she had activated some kind of strange power.

However, whatever this weird power might have been, the red-skinned body didn't even seem to register it.

Seeing that, Ren Bai felt disbelief as she suddenly panicked: how did Ren Hong resist her order as the Divine King amongst Beasts? 

Each of the four kings had a domain that they could control as they pleased: Ren Hei had the Earth, Ren Long had the sea, lakes and rivers, Ren Hong had Fire. As for Ren Bai, her domain... was every single living Beast!

Although she would not be enough to control those who had enough willpower or were from the first generation and thus Primordial Beasts, most Beasts would still show some sign of struggle as long as their body breathed and their heart pumped blood, because this would be the order of their ruler! Even Tian, had he not received the power of the first Ancient, Hundredth Xu, would have had to comply with her every demand.

However, Ren Hong showed neither trait as he clearly was not being controlled nor was he struggling to retain his clarity. Instead, he simply stood there, as if nothing had happened. Finally, he took a step back, lifted his right arm...

*SLAP!* The clear sound of skin-hitting-skin reverberated in the clearance. 

'What!' It was as if thunder had struck Ren Bai as her head went blank, her thought processes thrown into disarray.

"My fault? Who was the one who rushed straight into the middle of the enemy's army all by herself? Wake up, you bloody idiot!" In Ren Hong's body, Cheng Hao gritted his teeth as he spat out venomous words.

"Furthermore, dividing your soul in half will result in the both of you getting weakened severely. Even though you might survive, most of your vitality will be exhausted! Do you think Brother Long would agree to that? Wouldn't he want his sister to live on?" The boy shook his head as he walked past the tall, exotic woman.

Under the other's onslaught of words, Ren Bai could only stare in shock, her hand rubbing against her cheek where a bright red palm mark had appeared. Her eyes filled with tears and hatred as she turned around.

However, although her pupils burned with fiery rage, the flames of her anger, no matter how tall and bright they appeared, were already on the verge of being extinguished at the slightest breeze.

Like a candle in the wind, it was only a matter of time.

"I-I... I am his big sister!" Unyielding pride appeared in her eyes "As an eldest sibling, it is my job to-"