Chapter 21 - A Month Has Passed

A month had passed ever since Xiao Wu had joined the sect. She was now eight and a half years old and her cultivation had also reached the peak level Inferior stage.

In that one month since she had been together with Cheng Hao, she had come to notice a few strange things about the mysterious boy: sometimes, he would easily be enraged with strangers for the smallest of things, other times his eyes would suddenly grow dim and he would start to cry, as if he had remembered something painful. Others even, he would simply stare blankly at the ceiling lazily, murmuring to himself for hours.

He was with no doubt weird, eccentric even, yet he did nothing to hide that. When she asked where he had met Goldy, he would smile and then say. 

"Oh him? I was kind of running for my life and then I met that bastard. Oh maybe I shouldn't say anything about him being on the verge of starving... He probably wouldn't be able to... stomach it!" At that he would suddenly laugh as if he had heard the best joke in the world.

Still, there was no doubt that Cheng Hao was a genius. Decades and hundreds of years worth of memories seemed to reside within his mind and, after thinking about it for quite some time, Xiao Wu had no choice but decide it was simply some kind of inborn memories, something akin to a person's memories from a past life or something.

Still, this eccentric boy was the person she trusted the most. The reason was simple: he spared no effort to aid her and Lu Fang, even if it meant risking his own life or getting in trouble. During the month, Cheng Hao, Goldy and Xiao Wu had gone to the Sixth Ring's marketplace to check the place out...

...

Ten men hiding their faces with masks suddenly jumped out from the bushes onto the road: they all held large knives which they swung around to intimidate the two children that were trying to get back home.

"Now, now, leave all you have here and we will let you leave alive!" The biggest of the group of bandits walked towards them and pointed the knife at Cheng Hao's face.

The boy had quickly put himself in between the attackers and Xiao Wu, thus the small girl couldn't see the ruthless expression in the boy's eyes "Fellow disciples, don't bite more than you can chew. You can take whatever you want from me but leave the girl alone"

Seeing that, the bandits laughed and attacked. Thug #1 jumped in the air and brought the knife down towards the boy's head. Cheng Hao sidestepped dodging the weapon with ease as the blade embedded itself into the ground. The boy lifted his right leg and kicked the knife, breaking it into countless shards.

He then proceeded to block the next two attacks by blocking the edges with his index and middle finger of both his hands. He pulled hard and the bandits lost their weapons to the child. He kept dodging and breaking the weapons for a full minute, and after that minute, the only people panting and out of breath were none other... Than the nine bandits that had attacked him!

Cheng Hao only defended and didn't answer killing intent with his own, instead he just parried or dodged the blows, which was also humiliating for them.

Finally, the rogues got pissed off and charged towards the 'defenseless' Xiao Wu, those who still had their weapons slashing madly, those who didn't throwing the heaviest punch they could throw.

Xiao Wu backed away and was about to summon the Black Dragon Sword and White Tree Shield when a shadow blew past her.

"You guys know what? I really hate the number nine... I should fix that so that you are not nine anymore, shouldn't I?"

A few flashes appeared and disappeared, moving at extremely fast speed and the eight heads of those who had attacked Xiao Wu fell on the ground.

Standing in the middle of eight corpses was the young boy with long, black hair and pure golden eyes, his hands dirtied with blood as his Copper Fleshly Body allowed him to tear apart flesh of those bandits of low cultivation with ease.