Book 1: Reborn! - Afterword

Hell yeah! My first book ever is finally completed... Not. This is but the first volume. However, I finally created a world that I want to explore and go deeper and deeper the more I keep writing! ^w^

Immortal Ascension Tower... So many good memories!

It all started out with a short story I never published, called "The Adventure Of The Golden Saint".

This story told the adventures of a young man, rebelling against the heavens for their unfairness. By his side were his five thrust-worthy brothers: a Golden Chimera, an Azure Dragon, a Black Tortoise, a White Tiger and a Crimson Bird (Inspired by the five beasts from Chinese culture).

These friends would then slowly build up their strength to challenge the heavens! This work was never finished, nor has it ever been published anywhere. Now that I think about it, it had been inside my mind for quite some time before I actually began writing.

I read many books of a genre that can be referred to as Eastern Fantasy (Many call it Xianxia, others Xuanhuan which is technically more correct, I myself prefer to call it simply "Eastern Fantasy" so I won't incur in the wrath of either side).

"I Shall Seal The Heavens", an incredibly long yet fantastic work by Er Gen! "Martial God Asura", by Kindhearted Bee, another great author! "Coiling Dragon" (The book that started my love for the Genre, I Eat Tomatoes had basically been my idol back then), "World of Cultivation" (A masterpiece that I would recommend any fan of the genre to look into and my second favorite, the first being Coiling Dragon), Douluo Dalu (The proof that not always sequels are worse than the originals, loved the "Douluo Dalu II" more than the original) and many others that if I were to write down they would soon fill up pages upon pages of material.

I downloaded these novels from WuxiaWorld or similar sites and read them in my spare time on my phone. Days went on like this: wake up, go to school, play sports, meet with friends, read in my spare time, play games on my tablet... It could be called a normal yet boring and plain teenager's life.

Then... I found Wattpad.

Such a beautiful place with so many wonderful people! Here you could interact with great authors, always ready to give out some pointers, or fantastic readers, who didn't mind wasting their time by telling me about some works I should definitely check out!

I spent the first few months on Wattpad reading all kinds of books, from my favorite Eastern Fantasy novels, to Romance, to Fantasy, to Adventure, Sci-fi... I went by the name of "JustJoKinG" back then.

If somebody going with that name, by any chance, voted any of your stories or commented on any of your chapters or ... Yeah, that was me.

At times, I began to write down a few chapters of "The Adventures Of The Golden Saint", just for the sake of it.

It had no 'true' story, no storyline, just a mass of random chapters with many separate episodes.

As time went on, I felt that it was not a story anymore as much as it was a compilation of short stories, with each having the same cast of characters.

Clearing that up, I changed a few things here so that it had a storyline that made sense and changed the title: "The Adventures Of The Golden Saint" became "Chronicles Of A Mortal's Rebellion".

Many characters were added: the Heavens was now a single person, a 'Tyrant' that gained that power by overthrowing the 'Jade Emperor' (Again, another character from Chinese culture, also referred to as the 'First God').

At the time I didn't have a name for this evil guy in mind, so I went with a random villainous name I recalled from the back of my head, 'Ji' (ISSTH, anyone?).