Chapter 27 - Catacomb's Death Game

Xiao Wu finally stepped on the last 'safe' tile and got out of the death trap. Looking over her shoulder and seeing her eight companions struggling made her smile unconsciously 'I have become stronger!'

Suddenly, someone grabbed her shoulder. She turned and saw a smiling Fu Yin "You sure did!" Xiao Wu stared blankly for a moment before rolling her eyes: she still hadn't gotten used to neither Fu Yin nor Cheng Hao...

Thinking about that, the figure of her brother appeared in her mind 'I wonder if he will be mad at me since I am attempting to pass the exam without him knowing...'

"Man, that was hard!" Yan Rui's cheerful voice reached her and she knew that the whole group had safely passed the dangerous death trap. She turned and could see that a translucent barrier had already been put in place. The membrane was almost transparent and had a slight blue hue, it blocked the way back to the corridor.

'Does it really stop you from going back?' She approached the membrane and she tried to touch it...

Before she could, Fan Lai stepped forwards and grabbed her hand "Brother, don't touch the barrier if you don't want to lose your whole arm!" Xiao Wu shuddered as Fu Yin threw a rock at the translucent membrane of light and it fizzled before turning into powder.

Xiao Wu stepped back. She would not touch the barrier.

"Okay, now that we are all here, let's go through everything again!" Fan Lai clapped his hands and a scroll appeared in mid air "Now, we have gotten past the first trial. We are about one to two days earlier than those guys that took the main route, but we must not forget that there is still that mysterious group waiting for us!"

The young man turned to the white haired youth "Fu Yin, what was the next trial?"

The blue skinned boy stepped forward and began to draw on the ground with a white rock "Okay. If we are here" he drew a map of the place and put on it ten 'x's and the corridor they had just passed. He barred the corridor and instead pointed with a finger to another hall "We passed the 'corridor of death' trial. Including this one there are a total of three trials. The next one should be the 'dark room' trial"

Fan Lai frowned: apparently, this trial wouldn't be as easy as the previous one. He pondered for a bit and then nodded "Xiao Li, there is no need for a map from now on. If we follow the corridor on the right, we will join up with the people from the main route while if we follow the one on the left we will take part in the next trial!"

"Ok!" Xiao Wu nodded and dashed towards the corridor on the left. The group soon followed leaving behind Solomon and Fu Yin.

The red haired man turned towards the younger white haired teen "You better not interfere. I won't let all our efforts go to waste!" Having said that, the red haired man also kicked off the ground and ran towards the corridor.

Fu yin smiled and picked a white rock off the ground. He threw it against the wall on the left were it embedded.

"Fu Yin, hurry up or we will leave you behind!" Su Tan's voice reached him. The white haired youth smiled and also dashed towards the corridor on the left.

"This trial of the dark room, what is it? Why was Fan Lai so worried about it?" Xiao Wu asked Fu Yin as soon as he approached her in the front. The boy seemed to be pondering for a while before shaking his head "That's the problem! We don't know! It is the only trial that changes every time. The first time it was a treasure hunt with our lives at stake, the second a weird game he called 'dodgeball' with our lives at stake and the third was a one on one match against a guardian-"