Chapter 58 - Aster and Iris

"Impossible... Just who is he?" Greatsword trembled as he lifted himself up. His shaking hands grabbed onto the big blade as he placed himself in between Veil and the child.

Veil also gulped and, beneath her hood, her two red eyes shone with shock. She stepped back and her shoulders trembled "Eaten... They all got eaten!" Now she was truly terrified: she knew that child was not normal, but this way above her expectations!

Cheng Hao's eyes gleamed and he turned to face the two remaining members of the Shadow Legion "Mh? You want something?" He twirled a strand of his hair around his finger and then shook his head "I thought we were done here?"

Greatsword's eyes widened in shock and then he sighed. He sheathed the massive weapon in his hands and then commented "You simply do not put us in your eyes, do you?"

Veil looked at Cheng Hao surprised "You mean... You will let us go?" Her eyes shone with hope.

Cheng Hao shook his head "As if! You have a lot of work to do... With starters" He pointed behind him "Look how much of a mess you and your companions have created! You expect this arena to rebuild itself?"

Greatsword trembled once and then broke out into laughter "Geez, I knew you were powerful and eccentric, but this is just too much! Do you not fear that the heavens might be angered by all your sloppiness?"

Cheng Hao shook his head as his eyes shone "Too late!" he laughed out loud for a long while before he could recover "Sorry" he apologised as he wiped away some tears "It just came out so well!"

Greatsword sighed once more as he once again failed to see through the mind of the child in front of him. Then he grabbed the sides of his helmet and removed it: a white haired, red eyed man in his late twenties breathed in as his tensed face relaxed.

Although he was actually not that old, the battles and worries made him look older than his twenty-nine years old self.

In the middle of his forehead was a single mark, resembling a Circle with seven triangles on its circumference.

Veil gaped and then yelled "What are you doing, eldest brother! Quick, cover your face!"

The man smiled bitterly and shook his head "Don't worry, it won't change anything wether we show or hide our appearance right now anyways. Take off your mask and hood as well, sister..."

Veil shook once but then she also sighed. She removed her hood and her mask, revealing the features of a beautiful girl in her middle twenties: she had ginger hair and red eyes, her skin was pale and her purple lips were currently trembling. She also had the same mark as the man did below her left eye.

Cheng Hao smiled and nodded "So this is what you really look like... You are quite the beauty!" He chuckled as the girl's pink cheeks flushed red and then turned towards the smiling Greatsword "Old man, are you two Ancients?"

The young man trembled and his face tensed up but then he calmed down as he sighed "Don't call me an old man, I'm still young... Well? What gave us away? I guess that the red eyes might and the mark may have hinted that something, but..." He shook his head in amazement.

"That was nowhere enough! What's more, few people would connect this mark or the red eyes to the ancients nowadays... They would simply think of them as some special trait..." he lingered off.

Cheng Hao grinned as he looked into the man's eyes "This is how!" His eyes suddenly shone once with a bizarre glint that made the older man uncomfortable.

Greatsword looked confused for a moment but then his expression twisted as he clenched his head and banged it on the ground "Get out! Get out this instant!" His red eyes glowed with fear, anger and humiliation. Cheng Hao blinked his eyes innocently once, and then went back to staring at him smiling.